Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

--money

--not having to travel around the country going into 17 year olds living rooms and beg them to come to your school

--the ncaa

--its the top football league in the world

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2008, 12:57:21 PM
--money

While the top NFL coaches make more than the top NCAA coaches, I would bet that the average over the top 25 is higher in the NCAA.

Quote--not having to travel around the country going into 17 year olds living rooms and beg them to come to your school

Granted - that's probably the killer.  Still, the better your team, the easier it is to recruit, and there's no salary cap to pull you back toward parity.

Quote--the ncaa

How so?  The overwhelming majority of coaches have no problems with the NCAA since they, you know, follow the rules.

Quote--its the top football league in the world

Highest level of talent yes, but weren't you just arguing that NCAAF was the best sport on TV?  I think every coach wants a shot at the NFL, but NCAAF is a cushier long term deal.

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

im not saying the nfl is for everyone but there are many reasons to coach in the pros vs college

and dont underestimate the ncaa factor..even if youre not getting caught for doing anything wrong the ncaa is an absolute nightmare to deal with

also i believe carroll makes like 3 million now which i believe is less than the nfl avg

MDS

carroll failed with the jets and patriots. he is a shoein to win the pac 10 every year and gets to live in southern cal. hes only doing this is get a raise from usc.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Cerevant on January 10, 2008, 01:05:11 PM
Quote--its the top football league in the world

Highest level of talent yes, but weren't you just arguing that NCAAF was the best sport on TV?  I think every coach wants a shot at the NFL, but NCAAF is a cushier long term deal.

Good point.  you can maintain long term stability at one school simply by keeping your school competetive for major bowls and the occasional national championship. 

reese125

Javon Walker will need to restructure his contract to remain in Denver.

Coach Mike Shanahan added that Walker could need microfracture surgery in the next two to four years. If Walker does leave, Denver would need a No. 2 receiver to pair with Brandon Marshall as Shanny favorite Brandon Stokley is best suited to the No. 3 role. Jan. 11 - 11:44 am et

BigEd76

ha....Buffalo promoted Modrak from Director to VP

PhillyPhreak54

Mark Eckel will give him a congratulatory blowjob tonight.

MDS

QuotePacman Jones reportedly punched a female lawyer at the Body Tap strip club in North Atlanta on January 3rd.
Jones apparently entered the manager's office, accusing the club of stealing money from him and falsely accusing his entourage of owing a tab. Jones reportedly lunged at the woman multiple times during the meeting, in what the lawyer said was an attempt at grave bodily harm. Jones didn't connect until afterwards in the hallway, when he reached around a security guard to "sucker punch" the woman. Not only could this be a violation of Jones' parole, it could result in the league delaying his March return to football activities, and certainly make the Titans less willing to welcome him back.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

The only thing worse than punching a woman is sucker punching a woman.  Donkey punching, however, is still acceptable. 

At least he has his wrestling career to fall back on because he's likely done in the nfl.   

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is reportedly deciding between the Ravens' head coaching job and the Cowboys' counteroffer which would match the Ravens' salary to stay as offensive coordinator.

The Ravens should have the advantage because they are not only expected to outbid the Cowboys but they can give Garrett a head coaching title.

If Garrett is hired, he likely will name former Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron as his offensive coordinator, a source said.

There has been speculation that he could hire either Dom Capers or John Harbaugh as his defensive coordinator. Capers is the former Dolphins defensive coordinator, and Harbaugh is the Philadelphia Eagles' secondary coach.