Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

except Hitler oddly enough...rather nice guy
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Cerevant on December 13, 2007, 05:50:27 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2007, 09:00:44 PM
vick is a despicable idiot
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2007, 09:38:36 PM
he did the crime and hes doing the time...let it go
End of discussion.

Missing the point. It WOULD be end of discussion if it weren't for the farging flaming MORONS wearing "FREE MIKE VICK" shtein on their shirts and showing them off during TD celebrations.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

I'm just happy to see rich criminal athletes getting jail time for being criminals. The fact that I didn't like Vick in the first place is just icing on the cake. Oh, and he's Hitler incarnate.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You just don't like him because he keeps it real with his old crew.  Racist.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2007, 09:38:36 PMwhat goodell (and the nfl as a whole) does to the ex nfl players (human beings) is far worse than what vick did to any dog

For future reference, I completely disagree.  Dogs are defenseless, bred to trust and love even those who beat them.  Humans can defend themselves, and usually deserve at least some portion of the abuse life deals them.

in short, dogs>people
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

methdeez

I have to say that not giving someone the best deal on retirement benefits, or film royalties may weigh just a little under forcing someone to fight to the death or killing someone.

But I guess by even responding to the hyperbole, I've already lost.

rjs246

His point, which I agree with, is that no matter who did what people are more important than animals. Yes, people are idiots and responsible for their own behavior. And yes, dogs are cute and possibly delicious. But humans run this shtein and dogs don't. Is that an excuse for what Vick did? No. Dog fighting disgusts me and this whole situation makes me angry, but let's not lose track of what's what.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I have less of a problem with the dog fighting aspect of this than I do the deliberate torture and killing of the dogs simply because they didn't perform up to his standards.

It's a thin line, sure, but he crossed it when he started hanging, electrocuting and otherwise treating those animals with deliberate cruelty.

That shtein's evil, pure and simple.

As for his idiotic teammates, who gives a flying farg what they think or what they say?  One minute they're decrying Vick's plight and the next they're whining about their former head coach abandoning them and him being a traitor and blah, blah, blah.  Apparently in their eyes torturing and killing animals is fine but a coach quitting to take another job should be a crime punishable by death.  Talk about having farged up priorities.

Sgt PSN

Vick = idiot
Roddy White = idiot
Bobby Petrino = idiot who had a flash of common sense and got the hell out of there
All of you = idiots

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on December 13, 2007, 06:45:33 PM
His point, which I agree with, is that no matter who did what people are more important than animals. Yes, people are idiots and responsible for their own behavior. And yes, dogs are cute and possibly delicious. But humans run this shtein and dogs don't. Is that an excuse for what Vick did? No. Dog fighting disgusts me and this whole situation makes me angry, but let's not lose track of what's what.

This bitch would have you taken out if she read that

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on December 13, 2007, 11:39:46 AM
in short, dogs>people

like i said if one of the byproducts of all this is that peta freaks get pissed off then im IN

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Cerevant

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 13, 2007, 10:38:03 AM
Missing the point. It WOULD be end of discussion if it weren't for the farging flaming MORONS wearing "FREE MIKE VICK" shtein on their shirts and showing them off during TD celebrations.
Ok, I'll dispense with the subtlety:
1) It is asinine for someone to "support their boy" when their boy "is a despicable idiot"
2) The fine is completely justified because free speech does not apply at your place of work.  If players want to use a national broadcast to forward their personal agendas, they can pay for the time just like anyone else.  They are already being compensated (well) for their performance.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

1) It is asinine for someone to "support their boy" when their boy "is a despicable idiot"

wow im glad you dont have my back...people make mistakes...people do dumb shtein...real friends dont dip when that happens...you can support the person without supporting the act
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger