Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

ex eagles DC emmitt thomas got named interim falcons head coach
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

DeAngelo Hall, Roddy White and other Falcons face possible fines of $10,000 after sending "personal messages" to former teammate Michael Vick.
Hall painted Vick's number and initials on his eye black sticker and carried a poster of Vick onto the field to begin Monday night's game. Roddy White wore a t-shirt that read "Free Mike Vick" and flashed it after scoring a touchdown.

Not to mention half the stadium had them on. So sad being a celebrity can brainwash people

Diomedes

DeAngelo Hall is a douchebag
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Is it any wonder that Petrino quit on those iceholes?

Good God...

ice grillin you

god forbid they support a friend

SunMo

i said the same thing on another board and got crucified...you have to bail on friends when they are in trouble
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

when your friend is a convicted dog killer, maybe you should support him discreetly if you don't want to be reviled for your allegiance?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on December 12, 2007, 05:56:41 PM
when your friend is a convicted dog killer, maybe you should support him discreetly if you don't want to be reviled for your allegiance?

Yeah, that.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Arthur Blank really ripped into Bobby Petrino in his press conference today. It's on nfl.com.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on December 12, 2007, 05:56:41 PM

for all the hate vick has gotten...much of it ridiculously over the top...perhaps they are doing it to piss off people such as yourself and want to throw their support of him in the faces of the people who spent the better part of their lives for the last six months crucifying mike vick and portraying him as the second coming of hitler himself

vick is a despicable idiot but in many peoples minds (including people that are disgusted by what he did and are not friends of his) paid a gigantic price...perhaps a price greater than the crime he committed...and these are legal analysts op ed writers sports talk show host...people who have no allegiance to him at all...so what do you expect his close friends to do...i dont see anything wrong with them supporting him...in fact i respect it and i like it in the sense that they are giving a big middle finger to holier than thou goodell and the nfl front office...

Rome

Free convicted felons who torture and kill animals for their own sick amusement!

QB Eagles

I haven't heard anyone portray him as Hitler. I have heard plenty of people portray him as a dog killer though, a charge which is completely accurate. I have heard people say that he committed barbaric and completely unnecessary crimes -- a charge which is also 100% accurate.

It's not even as if Vick committed a crime that stemmed from a serious drug problem or a domestic problem -- circumstances that do not lessen the seriousness of a crime but are at least understandable. He committed one of the dumbest criminal acts in the history of professional sports. Of course people will talk about it. So what? The "price" of having a damaged reputation is in no way a replacement for serving a full criminal sentence. Suggesting that someone should be "freed" from jail because the press is mean to them, or because they aren't allowed to play a game, or because they lost endorsement deals is moronic. Even if that was what Roddy White was thinking, which I seriously doubt, the message everyone else reads into a "Free Michael Vick" shirt is "I don't think what Michael Vick did deserves jail time". This is why people are criticizing White; it sounds like he is endorsing what Vick plead guilty to.

Maybe Roger Goodell has a right to be a little "holier than thou". He's trying to sell a sport to families across America. Unlike Michael Vick, Roger Goddell never trained, tortured, and murdered animals for his personal amusement. Michael Vick was paid for the positive things he did for the sport. Now he's a giant negative, and Goddell doesn't owe him shtein.

ice grillin you

what goodell (and the nfl as a whole) does to the ex nfl players (human beings) is far worse than what vick did to any dog...doesnt mean vick isnt a complete idiot and did a horrible thing but sorry if i dont get upset because a few of his friends are supporting him and at the same time sticking it to the nfl and the media and peta and everyone else who acted as tho what he did was the worst thing in the history of the world

he did the crime and hes doing the time...let it go

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2007, 09:00:44 PM
vick is a despicable idiot
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2007, 09:38:36 PM
he did the crime and hes doing the time...let it go
End of discussion.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.