Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: reese125 on November 27, 2007, 03:03:50 PM
The Palm Beach Post reports that Ricky Williams is out for the season with a torn chest muscle.
Source: Palm Beach Post

There will be a candle vigil outside of Dolphin Stadium tonight at 7pm. All are welcome.

Quote from: PPinDC on November 27, 2007, 03:02:38 PM
RICKY DONE FOR SEASON
The Ricky Williams comeback tour lasted one game and six carries.

Tim Graham of the Palm Beach Post reports that Williams' season is over after he suffered a torn chest muscle in Monday night's loss to the Steelers. The injury will require about four months to fully recover, Graham reports.

The injury took place in the second quarter, when Williams was hit, fumbled and fell to the ground and was then stepped on by Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons. It was Williams' first game in almost two years, after he was suspended for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

"It's just sad," Graham quotes Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, saying. "As hard as he's worked. He worked so hard physically to get back into shape and in therapy. He worked so hard for that moment and to have it end this way is sad."

Graham reports that the Dolphins want Williams to rehab the injury at the team's facilities, indicating that they're open to having Williams on the team in 2008. 

http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?topic=19947.msg564231#msg564231

SCOOPED!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on November 27, 2007, 03:03:50 PM
There will be a candle vigil outside of Dolphin Stadium tonight at 7pm. All are welcome.

Not cool, man.

QB Eagles

NE put Rosevelt Colvin on IR and activated Troy Brown

That corksucker Belichick won't even reveal what the injury is.

Quote"It was announced as a foot? Then we'll leave it with that announcement," coach Bill Belichick said Monday, according to the transcript of the news conference released by the team. "Was that what [we] announced? If that's what [we] announced, then we'll stand by that announcement."

To add to the confusion, they activated a guy named Brown from the PUP list, cut another Brown, and signed yet another Brown.

Father Demon

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams will retire Marshall Faulk's jersey at halftime of a Dec. 20 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Faulk came to St. Louis in 1999 and helped lead the Rams to a Super Bowl championship that first season and another appearance two years later. He was the NFL's MVP in 2000 and the league's offensive player of the year in 1999, 2000 and 2001.

Faulk announced his retirement in March.

Halftime ceremonies will be led by sportscaster Bob Costas and will feature a video tribute before Faulk's jersey number 28 is retired.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

does verizon fios get the nfl network on its basic package
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 29, 2007, 10:34:14 AM
does verizon fios get the nfl network on its basic package
I'm pretty sure its on the basic package
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

im pretty sure everyone should stop beefin and just go to a bar. its not getting resolved, make the best of it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 29, 2007, 07:43:33 PM
As always, I get the game.

Word.  I heard one time: DirecTV > You.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

If you're a massive NFL fan living outside of the Philly area, you should have DirecTV.  Period.

It sucks for the people in Philly, though.  You need CSN to see all the other 3 sports.

SD_Eagle5

Link

Hey NFL, greed isn't good

PHIL MUSHNICK
New York Post

For all the selective, self-serving laments being sung by the NFL over the absence of this Thursday night's Packers-Cowboys game from broad, national distribution via the NFL Network, this is what you should know:

Had the NFL not created the NFL Network, then tried to create for it a demand by taking games for itself, Packers-Cowboys, on a Sunday afternoon (on Fox) or a Sunday night (on NBC), would have been available in 70 to 100 percent of the nation's 115 million TV households.
But by gifting the game to itself, the NFL has made Packers-Cowboys available to roughly 33 percent of the nation's TV homes.

The NFL is now left to blame those big, bad, arrogant cable systems - Cablevision, Time-Warner, Comcast - for not clearing the NFL Network on expanded basic. Yes, those systems are big, bad and arrogant; they've never cut anyone a break.

But in this case, the NFL was just as big, as bad and as arrogant. It felt that the mere title, the NFL Network, and the self-assignment of eight exclusive game telecasts would make cable clearance a tap-in, and presto! the league had invented for itself another huge source of revenue, even if there was no good reason - beyond greed - to leverage its own games.

The NFL had a near-future vision for itself - its own gravy train TV network. All it had to do was dangle some live games, games that otherwise would have appeared on free, network TV. And now, because the NFL overplayed its hand, preventing two-thirds of the country from seeing NFLN games, the cable giants are the bad guys?

Well, they are bad guys, and when the NFL offers them an ownership stake in the NFL Network everything will be resolved because the cable TV industry always has run on conflicts of interest. That's when cable and the NFL will team up, the NFL Network will be cleared on expanded basic, and suddenly neither partner will care what it might cost those poor cable subscribers who have no interest in football.

But for now the victim of cable - the NFL Network - is just as big and as ugly as the perpetrator.

Many millions more people would have been able to watch, in NFL Week 13, the Packers-Cowboys - and watch it for free, no less - had there been no NFL Network. How does that make cable the only bad guy or even the worse of two bad guys?

reese125

What was the NFL network thinking last night. They should never ever let Bryant Gumbell step foot in a booth. Not only did he sound like a grade school girl, he was the worst I have ever seen.

I do like Collingsworth though.

QB Eagles

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 30, 2007, 08:24:10 AM
If you're a massive NFL fan living outside of the Philly area with an unobstructed view of the southern sky, you should have DirecTV.  Period.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's all I have here is southern sky.  Didn't you hear the south is kind of a different country?

BigEd76

New England opens as a 24.5-point favorite vs the Jets, O/U 51

I think we might see the first 28-point favorite in two weeks...