Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

That's farging terrible.

On the other hand, rjs, that's farging hilarious.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 09, 2007, 12:43:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2007, 11:06:54 AM
looks like childress learned well from banner

what a farging travesty of a move

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3100835

The Minnesota Vikings have docked wide receiver Troy Williamson one game check for missing last Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers to attend the Monday funeral of his maternal grandmother.

Based on his 2007 salary of $435,000, the action by the Vikings will cost the three-year veteran $25,588. Williamson has 45 days to appeal Minnesota's decision to withhold his pay, and NFL Players Association sources said he will do so.

Coach Brad Childress told Twin Cities-area media following Thursday's practice that the decision was on a "business principle" of the Vikings organization.

"He had a family obligation that he had to see to," Childress said. "We sat down and talked on it before he left. ... He had to do what he had to do. Everybody handles that differently. [Williamson] had to do what his family situation called for."

That's farged up.  No way they'll get to keep Williamson's money.

On the other hand, the season is only 4 months long which means friends and family have the other 8 months out of the year to die.  Maybe grandma should have been a little more considerate of people's work schedules rather than being all  uppity and kicking the bucket when it was convenient for her.  Selfish biatch.

PhillyPhreak54

This cements the fact that Brad Childress is a grade A douchebag.

I was thinking about this when I heard his comments about Jeff George going to a fantasy camp last week.

Remember when the TO fiasco was going on and one of the things was apparently how Childress would make snide remarks to Owens to set him off? I doubted it then, but now its a 100% lock that Childress was fanning the Owens flames and needling him.

Sgt PSN

Childress always reminded me of someone and I could never put my finger on it.  Then I saw an episode of Simon and Simon at like 4am this morning and it came to me what I was thinking of.

Childress:

Gerald McRaney (aka Rick Simon and Major Dad):

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I would take Childress over Reid 100 times out of 100 as the coach of the Eagles right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on November 10, 2007, 12:34:13 PM
I would take Childress over Reid 100 times out of 100 as the coach of the Eagles right now.

I would take reese, munson or king cole over Reid 100 x out of 50.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

I just wanted to point out that Vince Young really is the worst quarterback ever.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

Travis Henry revealed Thursday that he has a partially torn PCL, but still hopes to play against the Titans on Monday night.Henry was limited on Thursday and is not expected to practice Friday. "I feel like I can play," he said. Coach Mike Shanahan wasn't so sure. Even if Henry is active, it's almost certain that he'll be limited against Tennessee.

PhillyPhanInDC

SHAWNE WITHOUT "SUPPLEMENTS" IS CLEARLY A DIFFERENT GUY

Last week, MDS noted that Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman, who notched 17 sacks in only twelve games a year ago, believes that he's having his best season, even though he has chalked up 5.5 sacks through nine games in 2007. 

On Sunday, Merriman had one tackle and no sacks, so he's stuck at 5.5 through ten games.

And our own Taco Bill has tracked down some photographic evidence that demonstrates the difference in Merriman of today, and of yesterday.  Have a look.

These photos were not altered or doctored in any way by Taco Bill.  According to ViewImages.com, the top photo was taken on May 5, 2005.  The bottom photo was snapped on May 30, 2007.  (To confirm, go to ViewImages.com, search "Shawne Merriman," and compare the head shot on page 7 to the head shot on page 20.)

Merriman played in only 12 games last season because he was suspended for four games for violation of the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.  He claimed that a supplement he was taking had been spiked with a steroid, and he made some noise at the time about suing the supplemental manufacturer.  But, to date, it hasn't happened.

Much of the "real" media believed Merriman, culminating in the questionable (in our opinion) decision of the NFL to disclose during draft weekend 2007 numbers that Merriman had passed 19 of 20 drug tests imposed by the NFL. 

Look, we're not saying that Merriman intentionally or knowingly took steroids.  But there's a difference this year in his play, and there's clearly a difference in his appearance. 

Here's a clip of Maurice Jones-Drew absolutely destroying him yesterday too btw.

Bwahahahaha.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 19, 2007, 01:58:30 PM
roids give you unibrow?
Cechmanek was on Roids?  That explains him going crazy
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons