Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

Childress signs Neckbeard

Oh.My.God.  And I thought challenging the call to begin the second half of the Vikes-Eagles game was the outer limit of stupidity.  Well, at least the Reid disciples are dumber than the Master.
Anyone but Reid.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Some great quotes in both of those links.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Cerevant

Do "you" mean that "every other" word in the "story" is in "quotes"?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Sgt PSN

I "was" kind of wond"ering" what that "was" all about"?" 

QB Eagles

I love the photo of FedEx... no one's in it.

Sgt PSN

I also like how there's the lightning bolt coming down from the sky too.  It's sexy. 

BigEd76

Mike & Mike show:

QuoteGreenberg: You were a player in the National Football League for nine years...
Golic: Yep.
Greenberg: And you were clean. You didn't use steroids....
Golic: No, no. I did try steroids. For about six weeks in an offseason. Yeah. When I had blown my shoulder out. I actually didn't do it for six weeks. I did it for a few weeks and stopped because it had kind of a bad effect as I was lifting.
Greenberg: Okay. Let's say for the sake of this discussion you did not....

oops

Munson

It wouldn't surprise me if 100% of injured players in the NFL used them to get over their injuries...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

looks like childress learned well from banner

what a farging travesty of a move

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3100835

The Minnesota Vikings have docked wide receiver Troy Williamson one game check for missing last Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers to attend the Monday funeral of his maternal grandmother.

Based on his 2007 salary of $435,000, the action by the Vikings will cost the three-year veteran $25,588. Williamson has 45 days to appeal Minnesota's decision to withhold his pay, and NFL Players Association sources said he will do so.

Coach Brad Childress told Twin Cities-area media following Thursday's practice that the decision was on a "business principle" of the Vikings organization.

"He had a family obligation that he had to see to," Childress said. "We sat down and talked on it before he left. ... He had to do what he had to do. Everybody handles that differently. [Williamson] had to do what his family situation called for."

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Holy shtein that's despicable. The NFLPA is going to go ape shtein over that.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

at least williamson caught something. 

rjs246

Just saw this and it made me laugh a little...

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2007, 11:06:54 AM
looks like childress learned well from banner

what a farging travesty of a move

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3100835

The Minnesota Vikings have docked wide receiver Troy Williamson one game check for missing last Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers to attend the Monday funeral of his maternal grandmother.

Based on his 2007 salary of $435,000, the action by the Vikings will cost the three-year veteran $25,588. Williamson has 45 days to appeal Minnesota's decision to withhold his pay, and NFL Players Association sources said he will do so.

Coach Brad Childress told Twin Cities-area media following Thursday's practice that the decision was on a "business principle" of the Vikings organization.

"He had a family obligation that he had to see to," Childress said. "We sat down and talked on it before he left. ... He had to do what he had to do. Everybody handles that differently. [Williamson] had to do what his family situation called for."

That's farged up.  No way they'll get to keep Williamson's money.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews