Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 25, 2007, 02:40:04 PM
SI's Top 10 Cities in a Sports Slump #1, Philly.  Los Angeles at 8 is a joke.

We're #1  Woooooohoooooooo!  When's the farging parade?!!?!

MDS

the only 3 on the list should be philly, cleveland and buffalo

minnesota, seattle and cinci dont really count because they are in the middle of nowhere and their teams are a. boring and b. have no national appeal. plus cinci has 2 sports.

nyc, la, atlanta, dc are a joke. new york is a cestpool. farg them. as stated, nobody gives a shtein about atlanta teams in atlanta. same goes for every la team except for the lakers, who are only popular because they are hollywoods team. the people who actually like the team (all 5 of them) cant go to the games because theyre too expensive. no one in la cares about baseball or hockey and everyone else there is an east coast transplant. dc is an even bigger joke. nobody in dc gives a farg about the caps or wiz. they are all on the skins jock and a bunch of racists to begin with. so who cares, they can have a tainted superbowl title during the next strike.

houston deserves a minor shout. won nba titles 12 years ago only because jordan was kicked out of the nba for gambling, lost their football team to farging kkk hot stop tennessee, and the astros have been losing in excruciating fashion since the late 60's. and they deserve props for not having a hockey team. its texas, god damnit.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Time changes for week 11 (November 18):

Giants/Lions moves to 1PM
Steelers/Jets moves to 4:05PM
taterskins/Cowboys moves to 4:15PM and becomes the national game

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 25, 2007, 08:59:21 PM
Time changes for week 11 (November 18):

Giants/Lions moves to 1PM
Steelers/Jets moves to 4:05PM
taterskins/Cowboys moves to 4:15PM and becomes the national game

eagles/vikes replaced by High School game of the week?  JV game of the week that is. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: hbionic on October 27, 2007, 06:26:35 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 25, 2007, 07:38:31 PMno one in la cares about baseball

You're right, no one in L.A. cares about baseball

Seems like no one gives a shtein about the Phillies

I just have to say three things:

1.  Dodger Stadium capacity is 56,000 (attendance percentage was 85%); Citizens Bank Park is 43,647 (attendance percentage was 88%).
2.  Los Angeles has a population of 3.8 million; Philadelphia's is about 1.5 million.
3.  It's obvious that they don't count the Dodgers' attendance in the 1st, 2nd, 8th or 9th innings, or it would be be cut in half.  ;)

Rome

Los Angeles has more than 3.5 million people living there.  Just in L.A. County alone there's 9,948,081   people as of the 2006 census.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/06037.html

ice grillin you

lets be real plastic city doesnt care about sports period
and yes that includes the lakers
in 01 the lakers parade attracted 500k people
in 1975 the flyers parade got over two million
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2007, 10:17:35 AM
lets be real plastic city doesnt care about sports period
and yes that includes the lakers
in 01 the lakers parade attracted 500k people
in 1975 the flyers parade got over two million

exactly. sports teams need to be there because its the 2nd biggest market and a lot of people want to go the games. but its all transplants, hollywood schmucks and mexicans. and they already have their teams, view sports as a "thing to do (i.e. getting to dodgers games in the 3rd, calling everyone to say hi, then leaving in the 7th) or are mexican.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

I've been to the Forum for both Flyers/Kings games and Lakers/Sixers games as well as Chavez Ravine for Dodgers/Phils games. LA fans are pathetic.

Munson

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 27, 2007, 11:26:12 PM
I've been to the Forum for both Flyers/Kings games and Lakers/Sixers games as well as Chavez Ravine for Dodgers/Phils games. LA fans are pathetic. Or are Mexican.

Fixed.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

QuoteThe Patriots (8-0) have scored at least 34 points in each game and have won each by 17 points or more. They've outscored opponents by an average of 41.3 to 15.9.

farging sick.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Vrabel was unfargingbelievable yesterday. 

He's credited with 11 solo tackles and two assists, he had 3 sacks--on each of which he forced a fumble--and he caught his seventh NFL reception for his seventh NFL touchdown.

As if dominating defense and automatic red zone TDs weren't enough, he stood out on special teams too: he secured a 4th quarter onside kick attempt.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Diomedes on October 29, 2007, 03:21:46 PM
Vrabel was unfargingbelievable yesterday. 

He's credited with 11 solo tackles and two assists, he had 3 sacks--on each of which he forced a fumble--and he caught his seventh NFL reception for his seventh NFL touchdown.

As if dominating defense and automatic red zone TDs weren't enough, he stood out on special teams too: he secured a 4th quarter onside kick attempt.

SunMo started him as an IDP in the CFFL AFC yesterday. 32 farging points from a LB. Noice. Munson's a fag.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.