Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

watched that shtein over and over....

MDS

Comcast wants Sunday Ticket so they can run DirecTV out of business, since they don't have it, their response is to dick the NFL over in this regard. Since NFL Network has 3-4 games a year that mean something, nobody is going to make a storm over missing them. Pissing match resumes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

The one and only reason Comcast moved the NFL Network to the sports tier is because they have to pay the NFL 55 cents/month for every Comcast subscriber who has access to the network, per contract. Most of the people with the digital package that formerly contained the network weren't interested in the NFL Network, so Comcast was paying an assload of money to the league for people who weren't even watching the channel.

Many fewer people have that otherwise-zesty sports tier, and more of us are likely to actually watch the NFL Network than digital subscribers. Although a lame deal for NFL Network watchers such as myself, Comcast's decision made business sense.

Goodell's complaining is the right business move for the NFL, also. If he expects the situation to change though, he'll either have to renegotiate the NFL Network deal with Comcast, or expand the war by concretely threatening Comcast in another area.

MDS

There's nothing else he can do. Can't take away CBS, NBC, Fox or ESPN. So people will still be able to see 95% of the games. This again is a pissing match over silly issues. Comcast would take the expensive deal for NFL Network if they had Sunday Ticket. They've wanted Sunday Ticket for years and the NFL hasn't budged from their exclusive contract with DirecTV.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

almost nobody cares about the few wack games that the nfln carries each year...the only fans that care are the ones that live in the city thats playing and in those cases the game is on local tv anyway....the people that do care will go to a bar and watch

the rest of the nfln is unmitigated garbage and shouldnt even be a channel

this is a non issue to everyone except the nfl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 25, 2007, 11:39:47 AM
Stay Puft to announce his retirement today

It's buried now so...

QuoteCorey Simon-DL- Titans    Oct. 25 - 11:14 am et

Titans DL Corey Simon has told the team that he plans to retire and will make a formal announcement on Thursday.
The former Pro Bowler has only played in four games with the Titans this season and is credited with one tackle. Simon was previously with the Eagles and Colts, who released him in August after placing him on the non-football illness/injury list in 2006.

What the farg happened to that guy?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He got by on strength and athleticism at first.  Then, he started to get fat and lazy, the injuries piled up, and he became completely useless.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

RezRob

Milwaukee isn't a 4 sport city, but Buffalo was in there so... Nothing says futility like Brew crew & da Bucks. LA * Ny in there is ridiculous.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

MDS

how can atlanta be 2 when they have 35 people in that town who root for their teams.

ice grillin you

so true...when they come out with these things they need to take into account whether the city they play in actually cares whether they win or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous