Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Rome

How many times is Dom Capers going to have to get fired before he stops getting NFL jobs?  He was a washout both times as a head coach and now has been fired as a coordinator by a team that went 1-15 last year.

If the NFL wants to stop being perceived as an old boys network, kicking fossils like Capers to the curb for good would be a good start.

rjs246

Why would you think that the NFL wants to stop being seen as a good ol boys network?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Father arrested for forcing son to wear Green Bay Packers jersey

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) -Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday, so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

The boy refused to wear the jersey Saturday, when the Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks in a playoff game, Smith said. Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute.

Kowald, contacted later Wednesday by the Portage Daily Register, said the incident started as a joke. His son challenged him by saying he wouldn't root for the Packers. When he tied the boy up, the youngster was laughing while his wife took pictures, he said.

''Then he couldn't get out and he got upset and that's it. It lasted a minute,'' he said. ''I didn't mean no harm, and he knows that, but I haven't been able to tell him that.''

District Attorney Jane Kohlwey said there wasn't enough evidence to support felony charges.

''I wouldn't agree with what he did, but legally a parent can restrain a child,'' she said. ''I have no proof of emotional damage. ... I have to
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Beermonkey

His wife needs to be taped to the kitchen stove.

Cerevant

Moss denies battery claim
QuoteFOXBOROUGH - Randy Moss yesterday vigorously denied allegations he committed battery against a Florida woman in her Fort Lauderdale, Fla., residence earlier this month.

Rachelle Washington, 35, who claimed she has had an intimate relationship with Moss since 1997, received a temporary restraining order in the Broward County Court against the Patriots wide receiver Monday. In her petition, Washington alleged Moss caused her serious injury in the Jan. 6 incident and denied her medical attention.

Moss, the poor victim.

Quote"My situation is where I felt that I did nothing wrong. It was an accident. Whatever happened, it was an accident. I wish I could sit here and tell you all what happened. But there is a lawsuit or whatever coming against me; I can't really explain or tell you all what is going on."
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

shorebird

Bullshtein. What was the serious injury? He's been screwing this woman for 10 years and now she claims battery?? I'm not exactly a Moss fan, but give me a friggen' break.

BigEd76

yay...more regular season football in England next season.  Give 'em Falcons/Raiders

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 17, 2008, 12:32:15 PM
Father arrested for forcing son to wear Green Bay Packers jersey

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) -Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday, so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.....

That guy that taped up his kid is pretty farged up. Unless of course it was a Brett Favre jersey.  Probably all started when he married a Bears fan and they've been at eachothers throats ever since.

rjs246

9 or 10 years from now this article will be about me. Yes, I plan on restraining my child until they understand that the Eagles will eventually win something and when they do it'll be worth the years of abuse. WORTH IT!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

I would've guessed plain old normal child abuse with you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Cerevant

Quote from: shorebird on January 17, 2008, 04:25:53 PM
Bullshtein. What was the serious injury? He's been screwing this woman for 10 years and now she claims battery?? I'm not exactly a Moss fan, but give me a friggen' break.

Look at Moss' defense: not "I didn't do it" but "It was an accident".  Just like he accidentally ran over that traffic cop.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Diomedes

He didn't run over a traffic cop, for farg sake.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I think it was a meter maid. 

I'm actually going to give Moss the benefit of the doubt with this one.  Obviously, it's easy to look like a saint when you're winning and catching all types of TD passes but I really think the last few years in Oakland were kind of eye opening for him and he may have actually grown up a little bit. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I had a conversation with a buddy that's a Patriots fan:

Me:  "What's up with Randy Moss?  You'd think after breaking the NFL record for TD receptions in a season, he'd treat his lady better."
Him:  "The woman sustained a superficial injury to a single finger.  X-rays were negative.  She wanted $500K to "keep quiet".  Moss's team offered $100K and they said no so here we are.  She is 35, lives in an apartment, is unemployed and has twice been through eviction proceedings."
Me:  "Hey, people gotta eat, right?  What did Randy do to her finger?"
Him:  ""It's not known but my guess is maybe he clenched up too tight before she had completely withdrawn."