Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Antonio Gates is getting carted off the field.  He did get on the cart himself, but that's never a good sign.

Rome

QB Eagles

Rushing   CAR   YDS   TD   LG
L. Tomlinson   11   11   0   4

Geowhizzer

My playoff FF is shaping up nicely...

BigEd76

Each of the four home teams next weekend is at least an 8-point favorite according to the early odds...

BigEd76

Bob Sanders won defensive POY with 31/50 votes

Kerney = 4
Haynesworth = 4
Antonio Cromartie = 3
Vrabel = 2
DeMarcus Ware = 2
Mario Williams = 1
Ronde Barber = 1
Patrick Willis = 1
James Harrison = 1

PoopyfaceMcGee

No votes for Jevon Kearse?  Travesty!

Rome

Check out the asterisk after the Patriots record in the link below.

http://www.jaguars.com/News/powerrankings.aspx

Haha.  That's great.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 07, 2008, 04:05:27 PM
Check out the asterisk after the Patriots record in the link below.

http://www.jaguars.com/News/powerrankings.aspx

Haha.  That's great.

The New York Post has a hell of a lot more readers than the Jags site and they have been asterisking the Pats in their standings all season long. Their asterisk says "caught cheating".

BigEd76

Brady won offensive POY with 35.5/50 votes

Moss = 12.5
Welker = 1
Favre = 1

Peter King with that last vote again...

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePOSTED 10:12 p.m. EST, January 9, 2008

BROWN TO WEAR HEATED PANTS

As the reader who pointed this one out to us observed, "Yeah, this will dispel the stereotype that kickers are wimps."

Seahawks kicker Josh Brown will be wearing heated pants on Saturday at Lambeau Field.

Heated.  Pants.

Specifically, battery power will keep the calves, thighs, and hamstrings at 75 degrees.

The goal is to help Brown stay loose while he's waiting to kick.  But whatever happened to stretching or riding a stationary bike?

Or, you know, something more masculine.  Like leg warmers?

the farg?

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3188045

Pete Carroll interested in Falcons job. 

Ok, if I'm Pete Carroll I'm not taking this job for several reasons.

1.  I coached 2 other teams in the NFL, 1 of them starting the year following a SB appearance and I eventually ran that team into the ground through a steady decline each year.  I also coached the Jets once and people still remember Rich Kotite more than me.   

2.  I've got a great thing going at USC.

3.  If I want to test the NFL waters again then I damn sure wouldn't do it in Atlanta.  That team is in complete disaray from top to bottom.

4.  I live in SoCal.  Who the hell moves from SoCal to Atlanta except that crackhead biatch from Boyz in the Hood? 

I hope that he's not seriously considering taking this job and is only pretending to show interest to try and squeeze a few more bucks out of USC.  If he does take the job it could possibly be one of the worst career choices ever made. 

reese125

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Pete Carroll has no interest in becoming the Falcons' next head coach.

Schefter quotes a source close to Carroll who says that Pete is "not even entertaining the idea" of going to Atlanta, and that he has similar disinterest in the opening in Washington. "It's the wrong place, the wrong time, the wrong guy," said the source. Still, Schefter thinks there's a chance Arthur Blank could make a "recruiting" trip to Los Angeles to let Carroll know just how much money he'd be willing to drop on the silver-haired Trojan. Jan. 9 - 6:42 pm et

Cerevant

I can't think of any way in which an NFL head coaching job is better than an NCAA Division 1-A head coaching job in one of the BCS conference schools.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.