Around The NFL - 2007

Started by ice grillin you, August 10, 2007, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

I like the fact that they're shortening the first two rounds. 12 hour 1st rounds are ridiculous especially when teams have had 6 months to prepare.

Wingspan

The draft will also be in Munich.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 23, 2007, 02:28:48 PM
moving it to 3pm just defeated the purpose of shortening the amount between rounds.  stupid

i would think the purpose of it was to get more popular parts of the draft at more viewer friendly times
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on October 23, 2007, 02:49:05 PM
The draft will also be in Munich.

Is David Hasslehoff going to fill in for the commish?  Cause that would be super. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

Falcons released DT Grady Jackson.
Jackson, who is likely pushing 400 pounds and sued the team in the offseason, had been starting for the Falcons. His release is a sign that the team has started evaluating players for the future. Rookie Trey Lewis will take Jackson's spot.

He was second on the team in tackles behind John Abraham.

Diomedes

Jerome McDougle can sympath...oh, right.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

NFL's Goodell blasts Comcast
The commissioner said the cable company was depriving fans of the NFL Network by forcing them to pay extra for it.
By Ashley Fox

Joined by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell blasted Comcast Corp. for putting the league's television network on a paid tier in its cable package.

Goodell was not happy that Comcast cost the league, in the NFL's estimate, nearly eight million homes in viewership.

"We have one cable operator close to here, which has taken us from nine million homes to one million homes, and that's a significant difference," Goodell said after a day of league meetings at a Center City hotel. "They have the right to put us in nine million homes. It's not a matter of negotiation. It's just a decision they made.

"We're confident the consumers want to see it."

Goodell did not point the finger only at Comcast. The league has had issues with Time Warner Cable, which will not carry the NFL Network.

"There are very little talks that are going on with Comcast right now," Goodell said. "We've had some discussions with Time Warner recently. Right now, we don't see this is going to get resolved, and that's a concern for us. . . . We have a very compelling product outside of our games. We think that the production quality and the content that we have on the NFL Network on a year-round basis is in great demand, and the consumers want it. That is the issue that we're having with our cable operators."

The NFL Network was launched in November 2003. Last month, the NFL complained to the Federal Communications Commission, claiming that Comcast puts its affiliated channels on its basic or digital basic tiers, while the NFL Network is available only on a sports tier for an additional fee.

Darcy Rudnay, senior vice president of corporate communications at Comcast, said the network was included on a digital tier with about nine million customers before this summer. She said it was moved to a sports tier that costs extra because of a significant increase in costs.

"The NFL increased the costs [for carrying] eight out-of-market games significantly," Rudnay said. "A huge amount of people don't want to pay for these out-of-market games, especially for viewers in April or May who don't want to watch repeat programs. That's the issue."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Goodell is all about the fans.

Wingspan

all those fans are named Benjamin.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

he suspended Comcast for 10 games
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

QuoteThey need to cut all 53 of us. Nobody is playing the way they should be playing right now, obviously. I mean, we're 1-6. To sit there and single out Grady is just asinine. It's ridiculous.

--D'Angelo Hall

It's asinine!  It's ridiculous!!  It's, it's REDUNDANT!

Hahaha.  D'Angelo is definitely trying to talk his way out of town. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3077313

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Wingspan

Connection Problems