Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stalker

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 13, 2007, 12:03:46 PM
When I was very young (mid-1970s), my mom had a dachsund.  That little weiner dog would pick fights will all the dogs of the neighborhood- the shepherds, the great dane, all the big dogs.  Finally, when I was about 6 or 7, he finally got caught and torn up by one of the big dogs.  My mom paid hundreds to get him fixed up.

Less than three weeks later, my dad runs him over in the driveway.  :-\

For a little dog, he had a lot of guts.

It was after that we got the husky and lab.

Holy shtein, that's a sick story.

My friend killed another friendes pony with his car while driving drunk. The pony's name was Sugar.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My basset hound is infuriating.  He stinks like shtein as soon as a few hours after a bath and he's always licking himself raw.  That said, he's probably the friendliest dog that has ever existed on the planet.

Which reminds me, I think it's time to go to the vet to have his anal sacks drained.

reese125

$35 once a month for my golden retrievers sacs to be squeezed. pain in my ass--no pun intended

doctor told me to get pumpkin in a can and put it in his food to make his shtein bigger, which should naturally squeeze his sacs

Im hungry.

Seabiscuit36

canned pumpkin?  I'll try that because my golden has the same problem, especially if he's throwing out softy's for a few days
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

just found out about it 2 weeks ago...havent been home yet to try it.

if you get to it before I do Sea..let me know whats up

reese125

Quote from: rjs246 on January 22, 2009, 02:03:38 PM
Pure breeds can suck it.

why because other breeds lick the peanut butter off your bird better?

rjs246

No, because mutts don't have to have their anal sacks squeezed because they aren't inbred freaks of nature.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

QuoteIn dogs, these glands are occasionally referred to as "scent glands", because they enable the animals to mark their territory and identify other dogs. The glands can spontaneously empty, especially under times of stress, and create a very sudden unpleasant change in the odor of the dog. The anal glands normally empty when the dog defecates. Failure to empty results in discomfort from the full anal gland pushing on the anus. The glands can be emptied by the dog's keeper, or more typically by a groomer or veterinarian, by squeezing the gland so the contents are released through the small openings on either side of the anus. Discomfort is evidenced by the dog scooting its posterior on the ground, licking or biting at the anus, sitting uncomfortably, difficulty sitting or standing, or chasing its tail.

Anal gland abscessDiscomfort may also be evident with impaction or infection of the anal glands. Anal gland impaction results from blockage of the duct leading from the gland to the opening. The gland is usually nonpainful and swollen. Anal gland infection results in pain, swelling, and sometimes abscessation and fever. Treatment is by expression of the gland, lancing of an abscess, and oral antibiotics and antibiotic infusion into the gland in the case of infection. The most common bacterial isolates from anal gland infection are E. coli, Enterococcus faecalis, Clostridium perfringens, and Proteus species.[3]

Anal glands may be removed surgically in a procedure known as anal sacculectomy. This is usually done in the case of recurrent infection or because of the presence of an anal sac adenocarcinoma, a malignant tumor. Potential complications include fecal incontinence (especially when both glands are removed), tenesmus from stricture or scar formation, and persistent draining fistulae.[4]

Anal gland fluid is normally yellow to tan in color and watery in consistency. Impacted anal gland material is usually brown or gray and thick. The presence of blood or pus indicates infection.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on January 22, 2009, 08:44:33 AM
when a dog pukes inside, why does it always do it on carpet or a rug?  I've got plenty of tiled floor in the kitchen and hardwood flooring throughout the house...fargers always pick the rugs

Geez, if your dogs are puking that much you might want to check their diet.

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 13, 2007, 12:03:46 PM
When I was very young (mid-1970s), my mom had a dachsund.  That little weiner dog would pick fights will all the dogs of the neighborhood- the shepherds, the great dane, all the big dogs.  Finally, when I was about 6 or 7, he finally got caught and torn up by one of the big dogs.  My mom paid hundreds to get him fixed up.

Less than three weeks later, my dad runs him over in the driveway.  :-\

For a little dog, he had a lot of guts.

It was after that we got the husky and lab.

A lady in my neighborhood had a miniature Chihuahua. The little thing slipped out of her front door when she and her kids were leaving and when she shut the door to her van.........the little dog was trying to get in and she nearly cut it's head clean off.

Diomedes

their diet is fine.  dogs puke.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

More because they eat too much at one time, but also because of an upset stomach.

Diomedes

dogs puke because of an upset stomach?

outstanding
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Maybe I should be more specific. An upset stomach due to parasites.
link