Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Our new dog.  6 months or so Rott mix, female, just under 50lbs. Rescue from Baltimore pound.  We're calling her Maude.

She joins Asia, our ten year old 60 lb female boxer mix.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

farg pure breeds. Well done Dio.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Going to the pound was depressing.  Pit after pit after pit, many of them wounded from fighting, or half starved.  I'd really like to go to a dog fight and shoot everyone in the anus, leave 'em all to bleed to death if the dogs don't tear them apart in a feeding frenzy first.

People suck.

On the other hand, the pound has a bunch of volunteers who, though I'm glad I don't live with these pet obsessed freaks, do a pretty nice job of keeping the animals clean and walked, and giving them some attention.

On balance, people still suck though.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

good looking rotty mix dio. now tape up your trim and finish painting
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

ha, that's how the house was when I bought it...haven't done any painting yet

Diomedes

if my mutts don't protect my house, I'm gonna upgrade to a guard cougar

PoopyfaceMcGee

"Chaos" is a great farging name for a pet cougar.

Seabiscuit36

We take our dog to the dog park, went there saturday to wear him out before having people over for the UFC fight.  We get there in a break from the zesty weather.  There is a Husky, bad ass looking dog, except very agressive, trying to both our dog and a friends great dane in the neck.  Not playful, and the dumb owner didnt even respond to us trying to get the dog off.  Ridiculous. 

My golden and the dane were scared of this dog, and basically hung around us owners until the chick with the Husky left, then they ran around.  I love huskies, but every one i've ever encountered have serious agression issues, worse than Pits in my experience. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

its usually has something to do with the owners and how they are treated. hence why the iceholes didn't give a shtein
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

when a dog pukes inside, why does it always do it on carpet or a rug?  I've got plenty of tiled floor in the kitchen and hardwood flooring throughout the house...fargers always pick the rugs

SunMo

my girlfriend has a pug, and i hate it, i want to punch it in its fat face
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

somehow my dog recently learned to do it on the Tile.  For two years he'd run and yak right on the carpet.  One thing i did Dio rather than just yell at him for throwing up on the rug was to take him to the toilet and make him yak in that.  After doing it a few times, he at least goes to the tile in the bathroom. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

when I'm around as it's happening, I move 'em off the carpet, or even out the back door if I have the time, and I don't yell at them about it either during or after it's happening because wtf, that's not going to help matters...

your dog>my dogs

Seabiscuit36

i just wish he'd learn to puke in the Toilet, thats my goal

General_Failure

Pour some tequila in his bowl, that should do the trick.

The man. The myth. The legend.