DT Ian Scott in for a visit tomorrow

Started by SD_Eagle5, May 02, 2007, 11:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

His statistics have been fantastic over his career.  For instance, he has two career sacks, and he had 15 tackles plus seven assists last year!

Awesome!  Sign him up!!  That way he can get in there with the other talent-impaired stiffs at DT and compete and mix things up and yada, yada, yada...

:puke

ice grillin you

yeah hes nothing more than a camp body...i will say tho five pass breakups last year is pretty impressive...if true
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Not for nothing, but DTs don't typically get big tackle/sack numbers. Especially if they are used to stuff/redirect the run. Just sayin'.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Bears fans on Scott

Sounds like a decent 3rd or 4th D-lineman. A run stuffer and he's only 25, and a better option than what we have. He'd be good to have those games where teams are just running up the middle at will.

SD_Eagle5

Link

QuoteBlossomed into Chicago's starting nose tackle during his second NFL season in which he took advantage of his first extended playing time to lead the Bears defensive line in tackles. Combines with Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson to form one of the top young DT rotations in the league. Played in 20 career games with 13 starts, recording 80 tackles, two sacks, seven TFLs, two PBUs, and one fumble recovery. Among 11 players from Chicago's 2003 draft class that made the team's active roster out of training camp.

QuoteNobody doubts that Ian Scott is a good football player. Stout against the run and adept at knocking down passes at the line of scrimmage, he will certainly get a nice offer as an unrestricted free agent this offseason. However, with the continued development of Tank Johnson and Dusty Dvoracek coming back from injured reserve, that offer may not come from the Bears.

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteNobody doubts that Ian Scott is a good football player. Stout against the run and adept at knocking down passes at the line of scrimmage, he will certainly get a nice offer as an unrestricted free agent this offseason. However, with the continued development imprisonment of Tank Johnson and Dusty Dvoracek coming back from injured reserve, that offer may not come from the Bears.

Ha.

PhillyPhanInDC

Little blurb on Dhani from Pat Kirwan of NFL.com.
Dhani Jones was scheduled to make $2.35 million, which is a credit against the Eagles' salary cap, and his remaining bonus to be paid off was only $400,000. That means Philadelphia is going to get close to a $2 million credit right away with Jones off the roster. 

They didn't need Jones, and the 2.35 million they saved by cutting him, probably prompted them to go and look around. They already had all the money they needed to sign the draft picks. Here's hoping they use the fluff to add Scott and send Rayburn packing.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Feva

Quote from: rjs246 on May 03, 2007, 09:25:30 AM
Not for nothing, but DTs don't typically get big tackle/sack numbers. Especially if they are used to stuff/redirect the run. Just sayin'.

Yep...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PPinDC on May 03, 2007, 11:19:17 AM
Little blurb on Dhani from Pat Kirwan of NFL.com.
Dhani Jones was scheduled to make $2.35 million, which is a credit against the Eagles' salary cap, and his remaining bonus to be paid off was only $400,000. That means Philadelphia is going to get close to a $2 million credit right away with Jones off the roster. 

They didn't need Jones, and the 2.35 million they saved by cutting him, probably prompted them to go and look around. They already had all the money they needed to sign the draft picks. Here's hoping they use the fluff to add Scott and send Rayburn packing.

Right, because if there's one thing we know about the Eagles, it's that they always want to make sure that all the salary cap dollars are used up before training camp.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 03, 2007, 09:06:36 AM
His statistics have been fantastic over his career.  For instance, he has two career sacks, and he had 15 tackles plus seven assists last year!

Awesome!  Sign him up!!  That way he can get in there with the other talent-impaired stiffs at DT and compete and mix things up and yada, yada, yada...

:puke

Looking at stats in this instance is misleading. He's a solid rotation guy who crams up running lanes.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My concern is this:  To sign him, the Eagles will have to offer the best dollars, because he certainly won't be enticed with a promise of starting.  I just don't see the FO doing that with a guy that has visited so many places.

hbionic

[crossing fingers]Maybe his favorite color is green?[/crossing fingers]

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

theyll do what they always do...

theyve put a price on him
they will offer that amount today
and not a penny more
and if he leaves today without that deal in place
he will never come back

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick