Domowitch: Demotions For Trotter & S. Brown?

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 02, 2007, 03:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Trotter lost a step in 2005, in 2006 he lost a whole stride.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Phanatic

In Trotters defense the DT position left him somewhat exposed. If Bunkly isn't a bust Trotter could return to just having lost a step. They'll know by the end of the preseason at any rate.

I like Brown but having another quality starting corner can't be a bad thing...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Mad-Lad

I also like Brown.  It seems like a bit of a stretch thinking William James can take his spot considering he hasn't been healthy and played in only a  few games last year.  If he can stay healthy and is an upgrade, that's fine by me.

As for Trotter... I'd love to see him replaced.

PhillyPhreak54

I figured Mad and GF would enjoy this article. Haters!! :flipoff

All I know is that Andy said he doesn't care who is out there - he just wants the best guys on the field. And I don't put too much into the corner stuff because like I said before, they need 3 good ones anyways. Hell, I even think Hanson will be much better this year too.

ice grillin you

im all for trotter starting if that means takeo to sam and gaither to wil...that is the best linebacker trio they could go with...but they have it in their heads to try this ridiculous gocong experiment
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

And you have it in yours to not give it a shot and see if it works before going on blast.

Its obvious they have some other options there should Gocong fail. Granted one is a goofy cornfed cracka, but hes at least a true SAM.

Personally I would love to see Tank Daniels win the job. I'm driving that 'wagon. Have been since I saw him at camp.

ice grillin you

Its obvious they have some other options there should Gocong fail.

its obvious they have BETTER options there...who would you rather have at sam gocong or takeo...i know who id want

PhillyPhreak54

Like I said earlier in the thread...

I want TKO, Trotter & OG.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54I figured Mad and GF would enjoy this article. Haters!!

I don't hide my dislike for Trotter, for sure.  He's not getting any younger and as time goes by he's making fewer plays.  I'd like to see some youth take over.  Who that is, i'm not exactly sure if Gaither is the guy to do it.  I'm willing to give him a shot.

If the Gocong thing doesn't work, I'm curious to see what Stewart Bradley can do.  He may not be the greatest LB in the history of the league, but he may be a serviceable LB like Hunter Hillenmeyer (who people seem to like for some unknown reason).  If either of them can play solid football, it's a HUGE step up from the last few years of crap-tacular strongside linebacker play.

ice grillin you

wow who has heard sheldons comments on this article...says he is frustrated with jj and this situation...

says hes seen him 7-8 times around novcare and was told nothing about this...says he welcomes the competition but didnt like to have to hear and see his name called out in the paper

rjs246

JJ's time is up anyway. He should have been shown the door after '05.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Here's the article regarding Brown.

QuotePosted on Thu, May. 03, 2007

In yesterday's Daily News, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson said that William James, who saw limited playing time due to injury last season, is a "starting [quality] cornerback," and that he had let both Brown and James know that the best man coming out of training camp would win the starting job.

Only problem is, Brown says the first time he heard that his job security was waffling was yesterday, when an Eagles public-relations staffer showed him Paul Domowitch's article.

More bemused than angry, Brown said the only thing that caught him off-guard was that Johnson singled out Brown and Jeremiah Trotter as guys who are in a battle. The way he sees it, everybody on the roster is fighting for their jobs right now, and that while there might be bigger battles at one spot than another, to single out cornerback and middle linebacker struck Brown as at least odd.

"I haven't had one conversation with Jim about my job," Brown said. "I would think if my job were in jeopardy, it would come up. I think coach [Andy] Reid would call a guy in if he didn't think he was playing up to par. I've seen Jim five or six times this offseason and he hasn't said anything to me about my job being on the line.

"He hasn't talked to Sheldon Brown about that, so I would hope maybe out of respect he would call me. Even if what he said was misconstrued, I'm sure they're showing him the article just like they showed me, so I think he would call me to clear it up."

Brown isn't foolish enough to think he's a lock at his starting position. After five seasons in the NFL, the former second-round pick knows that nothing is guaranteed in football and that last year's starter could be this year's roadkill (just ask Dhani Jones). He will head to minicamp and training camp this year as he always has, intent on proving he deserves to start because of his talent, not because he's been grandfathered into the position.

"I go to training camp every year thinking my job is on the line, no matter who is behind me," Brown said. "That's how I play. I don't compete against people behind me. I compete against myself."

Indeed, Brown has been around long enough to know what to worry about and what not to worry about. This one falls into the latter box.

"This won't keep me up nights, no, not at all," Brown said, laughing. "There's no discomfort or anything on my part. I play football. That's what I do and there's no more pressure on me, because I already put enough on myself." *

A whole lot of nothing if you ask me.

ice grillin you

not a big story but good for sheldon for going back at jj

Rome

Sheldon did lose a couple of style points for referring to himself in the third person there.   :-D

Otherwise, I liked what he said.  He was basically saying "kiss my ass" to J.J. if he thought his job was on the line.  I've always liked that about Sheldon and I still do.

Bottom line is Philly reporters are trying to stir controversy here because there's nothing else to write about with the Flyers and Sixers being out of the playoffs and the Phillies eating ass.  "All Eagles, All The Time Whether You Like It Or Not"  should be Philly.com's motto.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 02, 2007, 11:15:31 AM
Like I said earlier in the thread...

I want TKO, Trotter & OG.

Give up your man-love for Trotter and his cartilegeless knees.

Quote from: rjs246 on May 03, 2007, 08:15:56 AM
JJ's time is up anyway. He should have been shown the door after '05.

Amen.