2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

US Cellular is more of a hitters park than CBP and they still don't score runs.  They suck this year, the pitching isn't as good, and Guillen is losing it.  I'm not saying the Phils won't lose 2 out of 3 because they're frustrating as hell, but the White Sox are nowhere near the team that won the World Series...

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2007, 11:11:11 AM
I don't see the point of watching at all if you can't get excited by them winning

is this a joke question?

so when your teams suck you dont watch them anymore?

Way to miss the point.  I said what's the point of watching if you can't get excited about them WINNING.  I never mentioned them sucking.

R.I.F. doode.

ice grillin you

so you got excited whenever the flyers won this year?

or did you just stop watching them?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Phillies took a left handed pitcher with a history of arm troubles in the first round.

:-D

NGM

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 07, 2007, 03:55:22 PM
The Phillies took a left handed pitcher with a history of arm troubles in the first round.

:-D

I thought it pretty funny when the crew was talking about Savery's injury history and Peter Gammons said something like "this guy has arm troubles but obviously the Phillies have done their homework."

Orly Pete?  What in the Phillies long tortous history suggest that the Phils are on the ball?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Rome

That pick was very unsavery.

(Sorry - had to do it.)

SD_Eagle5

10,000 losses says they're so wrong they're right

NGM

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 07, 2007, 04:01:20 PM
That pick was very unsavery.

(Sorry - had to do it.)

I would have preferred they pick Jessica Alba. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

some info....

* Rice lefties Cole St. Clair and Joe Savery have both had difficult seasons due to injury and have seen their draft stock drop as a result. With the recent plethora of injuries to former Rice pitchers teams have to be wary of either guy, but they'd both be first rounders based on talent alone. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both drop to a big revenue team that can go over slot to get them signed. If they go to a team that wants

Across the bracket from Vanderbilt is No. 2 Rice. If the Owls showed one thing in their conference tourney and when I saw them against Texas State, it's that they can score. The Owls boast a deep lineup, but their pitching is a little suspect. Joe Savery has been inconsistent on the mound, and his performance as a pitcher probably holds the key to their postseason success. Most of these guys played in Omaha last year though, and Wayne Graham knows what he is doing. They should handle the likes of TCU, Baylor and Prairie View A&M with relative ease.

4. Joe Savery
Savery has had some injury issues but he has a good FB/CB combo. On the downside, the recent history of Rice pitchers, coupled with the injuries he's already had, does not inspire confidence that he will develop.

Mike: Joe Savery, LHP, Rice - Injury slowed junior campaign after a projected top 10 in the preseason, but he's coming around of late. This year's Ian Kennedy.

Rice first baseman/pitcher Joe Savery, pitchers Ryne Tacker and Ryan Berry and skipper Wayne Graham headline the list of league award winners as announced on Tuesday in Greenville, N.C., the site of the 2007 Conference USA Baseball Championship. Savery was named Player of the Year, Tacker grabbed Pitcher of the Year honors, Berry earned Freshman of the Year recognition and Graham took home his second straight Keith LeClair Conference USA Coach of the Year award. It marks the first time ever that a school has claimed all Player, Pitcher, Freshman and Coach of the Year awards in the same season. Newcomer of the Year honors, a brand-new award this season, went to Houston OF Jimmy Cesario. Voting was done by a panel consisting of each head coach, each team's sports information director and a media representative from each city.

Savery has shined as one of the top two-way performers in the country during his three years at Rice. One of 16 national semifinalists for the 2007 Dick Howser Trophy, Savery leads the team in batting average (.356), has 16 doubles, three home runs and 45 RBI (second on the team). He was especially strong against top-level competition, batting .377 in the Owls 19 games against nationally-ranked opponents. In working double-duty on the mound, Savery is 8-1 with a 2.41 ERA and his opponents' batting average is .228. The two-time All-American was named first team All-Conference USA as an infielder and earned second team All-C-USA honors as a pitcher.

SD_Eagle5

SD_Eagle5

mpmcgraw

There's a reason I wasn't rubbing it in your faces when Burrell started off well.

There's a possiblity that Burrell's injuries have finally caught up to him and he is breaking down, all well.  It  doesn't make you any less retarded for thinking that he had a bad year last year and it doesn't change the fact that Rowand has been pretty lucky so far and it will even out soon.  He will still have a good stat line, but his BA/OBP will probably drop pretty quick.  

ice grillin you

There's a possiblity that Burrell's injuries have finally caught up to him and he is breaking down

bahahahaha