2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

what was that person on the 3rd base side, with the super pale face, ans stragglely hair.  It kind of looked like the killer from "Last Action Hero"
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Sitting right above the dugout, right?  Yeah, I noticed that freak.  Sadly, he wasn't the freakiest of the bunch.  It's like the New York sewer system belched up all its rotted and bloated corpses and they collectively decided to catch a Mets game together.

SunMo

I must be learning, because I'm not really excited right now.  We all know they'll shtein the bed in the next series and the cycle will continue.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

whats there to be excited about?...especially when they have to face back to back to back white sox tigers indians...they are gonna get blasted...how many runs is detroit and chicago gonna score in the bank....scary

im always excited in spring for baseball...but a week into the season you know exactly what the team is...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

They have no business sweeping the Mets any more than they have losing five out of seven at home after sweeping the Braves.

This team is a walking clusterfarg and the only sane way to approach being a fan is to accept their mediocrity.  In other words, get excited when they win, because, you know, they won, but at the same time keep it in the back of your mind that their next string of laughable play is right around the corner.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not excited either. This is this team's MO. Although I am excited to see Hamels pitch tonight. I want to see if he can back up his "we will sweep the Mets" talk.

Should they come out of that CLE/DET/CHI mess with their heads above water then maybe I'll crack a smile.

ice grillin you

getting excited when they win was 2001-02
getting excited and having pessimism in the background was 2003-05
not getting excited at all when they win is 2006-07

Rome

I don't see the point of watching at all if you can't get excited by them winning.

rjs246

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 07, 2007, 10:38:55 AM
I don't see the point of watching at all if you can't get excited by them winning.

Bingo.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

I get into the games; I went nutzo when Rollins hit the HR. But then I think back to how they always have a zesty stretch of games after the hot streaks and it ruins my mood. They have to be consistent. And the lack of fundamentals displayed almost every night pisses me off too.

BigEd76

igy, check the standings.  The Phils are better than the White Sox both record-wise and offensively.  The Sox have the lowest runs scored in the majors...

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 07, 2007, 10:51:47 AM
I get into the games; I went nutzo when Rollins hit the HR. But then I think back to how they always have a zesty stretch of games after the hot streaks and it ruins my mood. They have to be consistent. And the lack of fundamentals displayed almost every night pisses me off too.

It pisses me off when it happens as well, Jay.  The Phillies got ass-raped the other night and I was annoyed as hell over it.  I yelled out, 'you fargin bums suck' and shut the computer off.  I rounded the corner from my office and my wife shook her head at me and said, 'why do you even bother watching them - all they do is piss you off.'

I honestly didn't have an answer for her other than I'm an addicted idiot and can't help myself.

ice grillin you

I don't see the point of watching at all if you can't get excited by them winning

is this a joke question?

so when your teams suck you dont watch them anymore?

ice grillin you

igy, check the standings.  The Phils are better than the White Sox both record-wise and offensively.  The Sox have the lowest runs scored in the majors...

you check the standings

ill be at the game watching those teams hit balls out of the bank

the phils would be 15 games under .500 in the american league

SD_Eagle5

Since their 4-11 start the Phils have the best record in the NL. Just thought I'd throw that out there.