2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

As mediocre as Eaton is, there is no one at AAA who could do a better job. Phreak got off Manuel shriveled old nutsack.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on June 06, 2007, 01:36:50 PM
As mediocre as Eaton is, there is no one at AAA who could do a better job. Phreak got off Manuel shriveled old nutsack.

I just looked at the Ottawa Lynx roster to try to argue with you since Eaton has been craptastic... but I really can't.  :-\

Zach Segovia - Good minor league stats before this year- may be the closest the Phils have to being ready.  24 years old.  Not doing it this year, though (1-6 at Ottawa).

J.D. Durbin - was a top Twins prospect at one time - was a FSL all star with Ryan Howard.  The only one I've actually seen pitch - had good stuff.  Hasn't put it all together.  Did pitch in the majors this year for Diamondbacks (2/3 of an inning).  Has a 94.50 ERA.  :-D

J.A. Happ - Mediocre:  1-2, 4.09

Matt Childers - Haven't we seen him before?  4-1, 3.41

Brian Mazone - Is this Leo's kid?  3-2, 2.21 - Had great stats at Reading and Scranton last year.  Most likely to be called up?  One problem:  He's 31 in July.

No one else even worth mentioning.

Rome

The pitching is so good at AAA they took a guy (Zagurski) who pitched at Clearwater a month ago and installed him in the bullpen.

But sure, pitching is plentiful enough to risk your #3 starter on a possible collision at the plate.

MDS

Is he the #3? Hamels, then Moyer are obvious. Lieber has been fairly average. Garcia has been a fat waste of time. Eaton has been pretty bad outside for some random quality starts. So he's the #5, since Garcia normally keeps them in the game (I say this as him giving up 5 runs in 5 innings, which does keep them in the game. Eaton's 7 runs in 3 innings does not).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Well, on any competent pitching staff he'd be a #6, but on this team, he's definitely #3 because Lieber has shtein the bed the past three starts & Garcia has been a disaster almost all season long.

Eaton's last two starts haven't been things of beauty (especially the last start) either but in my opinion he's still better than either of the other two fat slobs..

MDS

Lieber: 2-4, 4.50 ERA
8 starts
5 quality
3 fairly bad (4 over 6, 4 over 5, 5 over 6.2)
Phils: 2-6 in his starts
He also on gets 3.8 runs per start, but not in the games where he's pitched well

Eaton: 5-4, 6.28 ERA
11 starts
4 quality
3 fairly bad (4 over 6 three times)
4 abortions
Phils: 6-5 in his starts
He gets exactly 5 runs per game. That explains it.

Garcia: 1-4, 5.11 ERA
10 starts
6 quality (misleading. 3 are 3 over 6, 1 is 2 over 5, 1 is 2 over 5.2 and the other is the 3 over 8)
3 fairly bad (3 over 4.2, 4 over 4.2, 4 over 5)
1 abortion (6 over 5.1)
Phils: 5-5 in his starts
He gets 5.6 runs per game. I think much of this comes when he's long gone.

With the runs, it just averaged it out of the course of the game. I didn't bother looking up how many runs they had when they left the games, which is how I think run support is tabulated.

Anyway, to me, Eaton is the clear douche of the rotation. Lieber hasn't lost them any games. Garcia's problem is not getting out of the 6th. That's not good, obviously, but he normally gets them in games. Problem is, the bullpen sucks and they're gonna farg things up if they have to go 3 innings all the time.

ice grillin you

lol....i cant believe you looked all that up

do you people ever watch the phillies?

eaton is clearly the weak link on the staff...altho leiber is closing on him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Eaton has Terry Mulholland syndrome, he'll give you 1 good start, 2 decent starts, and 1 horrendus start. Problem he's had this season is he's 1, 1, 2.

SunMo

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on June 06, 2007, 11:21:40 AM
Phreak loves him some Charlie Manuel

This has nothing to do with me liking Uncle Charlie. It has to do with not having a problem with that move. Randy Wolf used to be used as a PH on days before his starts. That is more "risky" since he could have easily taken a pitch off his hand and broken it. Other managers use pitchers in various ways. I had no beef with this move. And like I said earlier - who else was there to run? At that point in the game you know Burrell is coming out because Bourn was already in the game. And that run could have been important.

SunMo

phillymic2000