2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Everyone is faster than Pat, so pick a pitcher.  I think they should've gone with Hamels instead, but hey...

They couldn't use Bourn because he was already in for Howard, who may have aggravated his quad again  :-\

SD_Eagle5

Rome

I can see a pinch runner but a pitcher and one who's scheduled to pitch TOMORROW?

Never seen that before.  Ever.

BigEd76

News flash:  Charlie isn't very bright

Rays were up 11-6 in the 9th and lost 12-11 after getting only 1 out  :-D

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 05, 2007, 10:41:36 PM
I can see a pinch runner but a pitcher and one who's scheduled to pitch TOMORROW?

Never seen that before.  Ever.

I'm trying to remember who it was, but there was one pitcher for the Phillies some years back who was always being used as a pinch runner.  Was it Bruce Ruffin or Don Carman?

Blast - 3 weeks of baby duty and I can't remember a darned thing.  Kinda like Uncle Charlie.

Rome

Oh, man... I actually feel bad for the Devil Rays.  They have no chance to compete in that division yet MLB keeps them there like convicts on death row.

:-D

Geo - I think it was Dennis Cook, actually...

MDS

Saw the 9th and extras. Looked like a good game. Cholly pinch running Eaton for Burrell is classic. He's pitching tomorrow. Good lord.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So what if Eaton is pitching tomorrow? Running the bases about 20 hours before you pitch is something so strenous that it would affect him? No way.

I wouldn't put Cole out there because what if there was a collision at home?
Lieber = yeah right
Garcia = not any faster
Moyer = already in the game

WHo else is there? You're not going to burn a RP in an extra inning game.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 06, 2007, 01:05:58 AM
So what if Eaton is pitching tomorrow? Running the bases about 20 hours before you pitch is something so strenous that it would affect him? No way.

I wouldn't put Cole out there because what if there was a collision at home?

I think the reason you just gave for not putting Cole out there is the same for Eaton.  He's pretty much been the 2nd best pitcher on the team this year behind Hamels.  So if there's a collision at home or something and he gets hurt, now you've got to pitch someone else on shorter rest.  Hell, throw Condry out there and then pray for a collision. 

MDS

Why not just keep Burrell at 3rd? The speed improvement from Eaton to Patricia is minimal at best. Manuel is an idiot. Though this move proved to be a waste of time. It didn't matter, so who cares.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on June 06, 2007, 01:22:29 AM
Why not just keep Burrell at 3rd? The speed improvement from Eaton to Patricia is minimal at best. Manuel is an idiot. Though this move proved to be a waste of time. It didn't matter, so who cares.

When it comes down to it, you're right.  Burrell's not the fastest guy out there but he is fast enough to score on most balls hit to the outfield. 

PhillyPhreak54

Eaton is faster than Burrell. If they needed someone to score on a sac fly I take my chances with Eaton and the fact that he's pitching today verus lead-foot Pat.

And if Cole goes in and gets smoked in a collision; we all commit suicide.

If Eaton and his 6+ ERA gets hurt; call up someone else to be the 5th starter.

Rome

Risking the health of a starting pitcher is idiotic.  Risking the health of a starting pitcher who is scheduled to start the NEXT DAY is Cholly-riffic.

There's no defending it, Jay.  So stop.

PhillyPhreak54

I disagree. Eaton is nothing special and Burrell is slower than shtein. I don't give a rip if the guy is starting tonight or not. He was put in to run 90 feet. That is not going to effect his stamina for tonight and if it did he should be cut immediately. And if he got blown up in a collision...big whoop. Dude's got an ERA over 6 and only has something like 3 quality starts.

Sgt PSN

That's 2 more quality starts than Lieber and Garcia have combined.  ;)