2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

17 runners left on base tonight, that is so ridiculous that I'm at a loss for words.

farging bums.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Hudson/Buddy Carlyle/Kyle Davies this weekend, and it looks like they'll miss Webb and Livan again...

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on May 24, 2007, 10:26:18 PM
Phreak, this is why Manuel is undefendable...

Barajas shteins the bed last night and plays like a coward...so Charlie starts him again, and what happens?

Barajas with a half-assed tag attempt at the plate and the ball gets knocked out.

Is it Barajas fault?  Yes.

But can you put blame on Charlie for putting them out there again?  Absolutely.

I will not defend him for starting Barajas. But he can be defended for other things, such as emptying the bench in the 8th. And I've always said that he is nowhere near the best in the game, but he is not as bad as many make him out to be or want him to be. I watch a ton of baseball and I see managers doing things that Manuel gets killed for here. And I maintain that regardless of who the HMFIC is on this team, they still suck.

Barajas should be the guy DFA'd to make room for Howard coming off the DL today...

Back to the 8th inning...

- Nunez is out of the game in the top of the 1st so they are already one guy short...

- Coste has a great AB to work a walk; he is PR for with Bourn because Coste is slow and they are trailing by a run. That move is fine, no?

- Dobbs is brought in to PH for Barajas because obviously he's a better hitter than Rod The Vadge. Dobbs promptly doubles off the wall and Steve Smith sends Bourn to get smoked at home. Dobbs will stay in and play 1st since Coste is out now.

- Victorino PH for Geary, an obvious move. He singles to score Dobbs; tie ballgame.

So where should he have not used the bench there? You're trailing by 1 run so you have to do whatever it takes to tie it up. If Utley or Rowand can score Victorino in the b8th then Bourn goes in for Burrell as a DR because the Phils are leading 5-4.

Utley came up small tonight too.

PhillyPhreak54

Looks like two roster moves will be made today;

1. Apparently LH RP Mike Zagurski was called up from Reading. This probably means that Myers is heading to the 15 day DL. Or Yoel Hernandez will be sent down if Brett doesn't hit the DL.

2. Coste will probably be sent back to Ottawa to make room for Howard. Although Barajas should have been left off the charter to ATL instead.

Munson

M Mother farging Pgillies. I missed a shot on the last run of the game. fargers.

It's  ompleetyly unnessicary for them to suck this much. farging iceholes need to get some bullpen help now.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Munson on May 25, 2007, 04:10:54 AM
M Mother farging Pgillies. I missed a shot on the last run of the game. fargers.

It's  ompleetyly unnessicary for them to suck this much. farging iceholes need to get some bullpen help now.
Exactly 18 shots :-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Desperate cry for help ^^^^^^^^^

Sgt PSN

End yourself. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 25, 2007, 03:27:49 AM
2. Coste will probably be sent back to Ottawa to make room for Howard. Although Barajas should have been left off the charter to ATL instead.

If I'm Coste and I get sent down to the minors while Barajas stays, I'm going to demand a trade or something.  You know he's gotta be thinking wtf if he gets sent packing after watching Barajas single handedly give up a game tying and a go ahead run with poor defense.  Pathetic. 

Rome

No way the Phillies will eat Barajas's contract.  Coste is the odd man out again for a lot of reasons most of which are inane and ridiculous.

PS: LOL @ Munson.

SD_Eagle5

Coste has no trade value. Barajas might have some.

MDS

Who the hell wants Barajas?

Look. This team eats ass. Something always fargs it up. It might be the starting pitching one day, or the bullpen the next. The one day no one in the lineup will hit. Then one they'll leave 17 men on base. And Steve Smith will run them out of a big inning. Or Manuel will forget to double switch or empty his bench in the 8th inning. Or their catcher will be afraid to block the plate, or weakly but his arm out so the runner can kick the ball out of his glove. Or they'll give that catcher a $3 million deal in the offseason.

Something will always happen to keep them for being a complete team because they're a bunch of losers. Always have been, always will be.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Myers to the 15 day DL...Zagurski up from Reading
Howard off the DL...Coste down to reading

Barajas, still here
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Coste to Reading is a good sign, actually.  If they were intending to ship him out permanently he would have returned to Ottawa.

Hopefully a roster shakeup is forthcoming and Coste gets recalled permanently.