2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 16, 2007, 10:56:15 PM
Myers breezes through the 9th.  Back to .500

You mean... since they were 0-0?  That doesn't count as .500, actually.

This is the first time they've been at .500 all year, and obviously....

WORLD. SERIES.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Also...

This sounds promising:
QuoteAll-Star closer Tom Gordon, who is out with inflammation in his rotator cuff, should start an intensive program next week that would include throwing. Assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said he doesn't know when Gordon would begin throwing or be able to pitch competitively.

ice grillin you

This sounds promising

actually it does...if youre a phillies fan you dont want gordon anywhere near the field ever again...hes done...and im scared to death that if healthy charlie would put him back in the closers role...but even as a set up guy i want no part of him....he sucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I don't want Gordon as a closer but as a setup man he's better than anything we have.

Heading down to todays game with my little brother

SunMo

They need to fire Charlie now, obviously he's a bad manager, but right now he's managing every game like it's game 7 of the World Series. 

Myers had no business being in that game, up 4, last night.  Then, he says that he's available today as well.  He's obviously trying to save his job, so they need to either fire him, or give him an extension.  If they give him an extension, I will murder...everybody.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

but four runs in citizens bank is like two in any other park

SD_Eagle5

I had no problem with his use of Myers lastnight, especially vs. a team like the Brewers

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2007, 10:58:54 AM
but four runs in citizens bank is like two in any other park

no...it's not, Charlie

if Myers is the only pitcher you can bring in with a 4 run lead, than the season is farged anyway...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 17, 2007, 10:17:30 AM
I don't want Gordon as a closer but as a setup man he's better than anything we have.

Yup.

ice grillin you

no...it's not, Charlie

if Myers is the only pitcher you can bring in with a 4 run lead, than the season is farged anyway...

thats what charlie said after the game when asked why he did it

i agree with you....it was an assinine move...myers can always be brought in when it really is a two run game

and the season is farged already...you dont really believe they can make the playoffs do you?

I don't want Gordon as a closer but as a setup man he's better than anything we have

stop...gordon sucks....geary is much better and at this point id probably take the 12 fingered assasin over him as well

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2007, 11:14:10 AM
no...it's not, Charlie

thats what charlie said after the game when asked why he did it

i know, that's why i called you charlie, you goose

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2007, 11:14:10 AM

I don't want Gordon as a closer but as a setup man he's better than anything we have

stop...gordon sucks....geary is much better and at this point id probably take the 12 fingered assasin over him as well

When Gordon's on he's solid. His fastball still has some zip and his curve is above average. Put Geary and Alfonseca as the closer and see how well they do.

ice grillin you

When Gordon's on he's solid

when david west is on hes pretty good too...bring em back...gordons a dead soldier

Put Geary and Alfonseca as the closer and see how well they do.

huh?

geary - set up
myers - closer
gordon - glue factory

SunMo

it's not a question of Gordon's talent, it's his health, he's broken down and done.

he can't throw a curveball without hurting his shoulder

SD_Eagle5

You missed the point of my argument, Gordon's been the closer, he's done decent at times and bad at others. Geary's been a setup man, put Gordon - who has much better stuff - in the setup role like he was with the Yanks and watch him do better.