2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Nunez got the tip of the runners foot before he reached the bag, they showed the replay 10x from 4 different angles in Philly.

Hamels is sick like ebola virus.

ice grillin you

they showed the same angles on every telecast...road teams dont bring their own cameras....he clearly whiffed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 21, 2007, 09:31:00 PM
Nunez got the tip of the runners foot before he reached the bag, they showed the replay 10x from 4 different angles in Philly.

I thought I saw him hit the tip of the toe as well.

IGY, saying he CLEARLY missed is reaching.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

speaking of reachin nunez was lazy and not reachin enough...it just wasnt close at all...i mean it was close in the sense that a replay was necessary...but once the replays went it was obvious he didnt get him

Geowhizzer

The real blown call was the one where they called Barajas out when he was CLEARLY missed by Phillips the first time, and his foot was CLEARLY on the base when Phillips went back to tag him.

The real tragedy of that play was that it robbed Barajas of his lone stolen base for the year.

PhillyPhreak54

Hamels was Cy-like tonight. Dominating. That change-up is sick.

Perhaps they should take all bullpen guys and make them starters. Let 'em go 2-3 innings, give up their runs and then bring in the starters to shut 'em down. Phillies win.

It was nice to see Utley starting to hit a bit too.

And also Rowand has been swinging well too. Where's that yokel Billy Beane at now to rip him?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 21, 2007, 09:43:51 PM

Perhaps they should take all bullpen guys and make them starters. Let 'em go 2-3 innings, give up their runs and then bring in the starters to shut 'em down. Phillies win.

And also Rowand has been swinging well too. Where's that yokel Billy Beane at now to rip him?

He's busy nursing off Burrel's VORP.

ice grillin you

The real blown call was the one where they called Barajas out when he was CLEARLY missed by Phillips the first time, and his foot was CLEARLY on the base when Phillips went back to tag him.

mos def

i think thats why charlie came out to argue the nunez play even tho nunez barely argued it...not cause he thought he was right but because they blew the barajas call and he wanted to say something

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 21, 2007, 09:44:46 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 21, 2007, 09:43:51 PM

He's busy nursing off Burrel's VORP.

Speaking of Burrell and those who lust for him; The other night they showed a shot of him in the on-deck circle and then Wheels added in a lustful voice "Oooh, there's Pat".

PhillyGirl

Thats farging disgusting.

Speaking of disgusting...the TV commentating is downright despicable. The Phillies should be ashamed of themselves. Get LA back on TV and for fargs sake, TAKE Wheels off for a FEW INNINGS! A whole game of him is ridiculous. The Phillies KNOW the fans hate him, they KNOW HK hates him, so them keeping him on there for the whole farging game is like shoving it down our throats.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

amen

wheels is arguably the worst announcer thats ever been in this city

the thing that infuriates me most about him is that the opponent is constantly making the best plays ever...its never the phillies fault....if the other team hits a homer its not a bad pitch its the batter "turning the wind around" on a monster shot that "would have made it out of any park"

if a phillies pitcher makes a mistake it was an "unbelievable piece of hitting" by the batter

the phillies have never ever done anything wrong

MDS

It's Monty's decision.

The Phillies may be a stupid organization, but they are smart in that they know no matter how often Wheels is on TV, it will not affect how many watch the games/overall interest in the team.

They obviously like Wheels because he's a front office lackey and will also put a positive spin on things so the Phillies always look good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 21, 2007, 09:34:41 PM

Nunez clearly tipped his foot before he reached the base, I even had my glasses on and my shoes...so I can have them. My g/f who knows nothing about baseball even saw it...but whatever...games over.

Bring back Scott Graham

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 21, 2007, 10:13:39 PM

Nunez clearly tipped his foot before he reached the base, I even had my glasses on and my shoes...so I can have them. My g/f who knows nothing about baseball even saw it...but whatever...games over.

Bring back Scott Graham

I watched the replay on the Reds' telecast (good crew), and I thought that Nunez never touched the runner.  Cie la vie, Hamels shut the door anyway.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 21, 2007, 10:13:39 PM

Bring back Scott Graham

He's been reduced to doing PBP for NFL Europe games.

I wasn't a fan of his either though. But this 9-innings of Wheels is mind numbing. At this point I would take Andy Musser and Kent Tekulve back.