2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

One of my favorite things to do is read the feigned phillies outrage here on a daily basis.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

SD_Eagle5

I play for the Phillies.
Here in Philadelphia? I didn't know they still had a team!
Yup, we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great!

SunMo

this is your manager:

Quote"Right now, Gordon is our closer," Manuel said. "He's been a closer. We signed him to be a closer. . . . That's something we haven't even discussed, and in some ways there's no need to discuss it. We've got to get him sharp. The stuff is there."
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Here is where the Phillies are talent-wise in their starting eight, in my opinion:

1B:  Howard - elite young hitter, great power - BAD fielder, no speed.  Future DH.
2B:  Utley - elite young hitter, good power - Poor fielder, fair speed.  Utley to me has the brightest future on the team.
SS:  Rollin - probably the team's best all-around player.   Good all-around hitter with some power, good speed, good-to-great fielder.
3B:  Helms - Back-up miscast in a starting role.  Fair hitter with some power.  Poor fielder (from what I've seen this year).
LF:  Burrell - Streaky hitter with good power.  Not aggressive enough at the plate.  Mediocre (at best) fielder, good arm.
CF: Rowand - Decent hitter with fair power.  Sometimes too aggressive considering lack of power.  Good fielder, fair arm.
RF:  Victorino - Mediocre hitter, lacks power.  Way too agressive considering lack of power.  Good fielder.

Eaglez

Quote from: Wingspan on April 21, 2007, 10:33:31 AM
Quote from: Eaglez on April 20, 2007, 10:31:37 PMI think they match up extremely well against any team in the MLB talent-wise.

No.

Seemingly on paper they do. If they didn't have talent then I don't know why people would get upset over the crappy start; it would be something that was expected. But, obviously, people had elevated expectations about this team and they aren't delivering. Bottom line is if you think this team sucked from the outset then you would have nothing to complain about; they are meeting your expectations. (And I know you don't care Wingspan I'm just directing the comment in general).

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Wingspan on April 21, 2007, 08:40:14 AM
One of my favorite things to do is read the feigned phillies outrage here on a daily basis.

I'm serious. They anger me to the point of wanting to punch things.

ice grillin you

That's something we haven't even discussed, and in some ways there's no need to discuss it

cant discuss tom gordons role as closer but they can make their opening day starter a set up man
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Interesting lineup tonight...

Victorino leading off
Rowand 2nd
Rollins 3rd
Utley 4th

Still no Howard though...

ice grillin you

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

Even though they're eventually gonna blow it, that triple play was a thing of beauty.