2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

SunMo

the reds had no runs, 1 hit with two outs in the 9th...

and they won
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phillymic2000

Cut Gordons butt now, or bench him or something, how do you do this crap you piece of shtein, mother fer oh my god

Don Ho

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 20, 2007, 08:47:52 PM

The whole relief staff should be placed in bags loaded with rocks and tossed into the nearest river.

I'll buy the rocks.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

Amazingly, I'm not even mad at Gordon. This team is completely incompetent.

It is amazing that these guys are professionals. They lack any basic baseball knowledge. The Phils are clinging on to a one run lead, Rollins gets on base in the top of the 9th with one out, and what does Victorino do? Swing at the first pitch and ground into an inning ending double play. Unreal. So you're telling me that you have Rollins on base, who is more than capable of putting pressure on a relief pitcher by posing a threat to steal a bag to get in scoring position late in the game, and Victorino is first-pitch-swinging on a breaking ball that looks like it was going in the dirt? Unreal.

The players are just plain stupid. They don't know how to situational hit. They don't know how to pick up critical runs late in the game. They are just a plain ol' dumb team; reminds me of the Eagles early in '06.

Eaglez

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 20, 2007, 09:52:10 PM
More of the same... Rollins gets hit by a pitch.  Victorino comes up and IMMEDIATELY SWINGS AT THE FIRST fargING PITCH HE SEES!

Double play, end of inning.

It's like they've never been taught the game at all.  A guy gets hit by a pitch so the first thing you do is swing at the very next pitch he throws?

It's comical but only in the worst possible sense.  They have no farging clue what they're doing out there, and these are guys who have been playing in the major leagues for a while now.

I feel like putting my fist through a wall over here.

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Rome

I can't believe what I just witnessed.  It's like a recurring nightmare that you can't shake your way out of.  The same bullshtein night in and night out and no one is doing anything about it.

On a night when the starter tosses a one-hitter through six, your hammer of a closer comes in and gives the game away.

On another night the Phillies will score six runs and lose 7-6.  They just can't get it done and it's the most perplexing thing I've ever seen.  They're far from being the worst baseball team in MLB, yet here they are with the worst record in baseball.

Flat-out awful.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

and now...due to our genius manager using 3 bullpen pitchers in the 6th...

Myers, Gordon (thank God), and Alfonseca are probably not good to go tomorrow
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eaglez

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 20, 2007, 10:20:30 PM
I can't believe what I just witnessed.  It's like a recurring nightmare that you can't shake your way out of.  The same bullshtein night in and night out and no one is doing anything about it.

On a night when the starter tosses a one-hitter through six, your hammer of a closer comes in and gives the game away.

On another night the Phillies will score six runs and lose 7-6.  They just can't get it done and it's the most perplexing thing I've ever seen.  They're far from being the worst baseball team in MLB, yet here they are with the worst record in baseball.

Flat-out awful.

I agree. I think this team is grossly under-achieving. 1-8 I think they match up extremely well against any team in the MLB talent-wise. As far as baseball IQ, however, I feel that they are seriously lacking in that department. That makes it all the more frustrating, I think. They don't know how to grind it out, they don't know how to get insurance runs late in games. It is just too much. Losing like this so early in the season too has to be somewhat demoralizing. This whole free swinging mentality has to stop. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if Victorino bunted in that situation and let Utley take a chance with 2 outs to get a hit to bring in Rollins. Anything to just produce runs in the clutch and let your best hitters have a chance to produce.

Blah.

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on April 20, 2007, 10:30:39 PM
and now...due to our genius manager using 3 bullpen pitchers in the 6th...

Myers, Gordon (thank God), and Alfonseca are probably not good to go tomorrow

That's alright.  Hamels will throw a perfect game through 8 2/3 tomorrow and Cholly will remove him so that Madson can get some work.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

MURP

Rome

Quote from: MURP on April 21, 2007, 12:46:05 AM
yawn.... training camp.........

No Flyers, no Phillies and Eagles training camp is still three months away.

Oh, joy.  Guess I'll have to really pay attention to the Magic getting swept in four next week.   :-D