2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2007, 09:20:48 AM
charlie manuel made an incredible strategic error last night....

matt smith was struggling...in what i believe was the 11th inning...so rich dubee makes a trip to the mound to check on him...a few moments later the nationals bring mike restovich to the on deck circle..a righty to face the lefty smith...

manuel proceeds to go out and visit smith BEFORE restovich is announced as a pinch hitter...now smith has to come out of the game because dubee had already made a visit...this allows the nationals  to not have to use an extra player of the bench in an extra inning game...

Matt Smith was throwing like shtein, he was literally missing the plate by 2 or 3 feet.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhanInDC

Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard were a combined 0 for 16 last night against an AWESOME Nats pitching staff.

The ENTIRE TEAM is batting UNDER .200 with RISP.

The Sillies have the HIGHEST ERA in the MAJOR LEAGUE.

BURN you farging bums.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD_Eagle5

Why does Manuel continue to hit Rowand so low in the lineup? He's batting .348 with a .456 OBP. How bout switching things up a little:

Victorino
Rowand
Rollins
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Helms
Ruiz/Barajas

ice grillin you

Matt Smith was throwing like shtein, he was literally missing the plate by 2 or 3 feet.

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

BURN you farging bums.

no no NO!

youre supposed to root em in and encourage them and yell go team....the phillies are richard gere and youre a gerbil...now get to it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2007, 10:52:42 AM

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Nothing, as in the premise has nothing to do with anything either.

When howard swings at the first pitch after 2 straight walks in the 10th.

Rowand leads with a 1 out double only to have Ruiz hit the ball the ONE place that assured there would be no advancing to 3rd, which lead to 2 on 2 out, and Rollins farged up.

This team is not nearly as good as anyone thought. Nitpicking the manager this time is just pointless. They have the worst record in baseball right now...and it's deserved. Players...Manager...General Manager...none of them have a clue as to what they are doing.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Nitpicking the manager this time is just pointless.

nitpicking???

the guy went to the mound before the other team announced their pinch hitter...he gave them a free player

walk off runner on third man on second first base open and he doesnt walk the batter!?!?!!?

i dont know how much about baseball you know but those arent nitpicking issues...and trust me ive been known to nitpick

Rome

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2007, 11:14:39 AM
Nitpicking the manager this time is just pointless.

nitpicking???

the guy went to the mound before the other team announced their pinch hitter...he gave them a free player

walk off runner on third man on second first base open and he doesnt walk the batter!?!?!!?

i dont know how much about baseball you know but those arent nitpicking issues...and trust me ive been known to nitpick

Matt Smith was terrible and everyone knew he was coming out of the game at that point. Thank god we traded Abreu for that slop.

As for the 13th inning...Normally I agree...but from the looks of it, he was pitching around him...looking for the unintentional/intentional walk. Lopez is a ground ball hitter and they were keeping the pitches low until Rosario hung one...sending the fly.

A legit argument can be made for either side of the decision this instance
Connection Problems

SunMo

Also, Rosario has control issues, so they may have been weary to load the bases and risk him walking home the winning run.  I think I still would've walked Lopez there.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Matt Smith was terrible and everyone knew he was coming out of the game at that point.

youre missing the point...the nationals had a right handed pinch hitter that was gonna face smith...he was there ready to roll in the on deck circle...instead of having the batter be announced to bat against smith charlie left the dugout to early...the nationals saw this and knew once he left the dugout that smith had to come out...they pulled back their player thus not having to use him....the fact that smith sucked has nothing to do with what happened...i dont know how else to explain it

absolutely 100% an argument cannot be made to not walk him...you do understand if you walk him it creates a force at home...where as even if he is a ground ball hitter with out walking him you have to 1) hope for a ground ball 2) hope it goes right at someone 3) hope for a perfect throw 4) hope the catcher can make a tag....

you walk the guy all you gotta do it get to a ball relatively quickly and toss it home...its essentially the differece between throwing a guy out at first vs a catcher trying to throw someone out stealing

all that plus the fact that two righty righty matchups followed lopez makes this one of the no brainers of all time...second only to waiting for the other team to announce their pinch hitter before you make a pitching change

MDS

Talking about this gets me angry. I just want baseball to go away and for it to be football season.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2007, 12:06:03 PM

absolutely 100% an argument cannot be made to not walk him...you do understand if you walk him it creates a force at home...where as even if he is a ground ball hitter with out walking him you have to 1) hope for a ground ball 2) hope it goes right at someone 3) hope for a perfect throw 4) hope the catcher can make a tag....

The infield was playing in, there is no way the runner on 3rd is sent on a ground ball in that case with the infield in. You hold the runner at third, and get the out at first. That's what they were playing for there. A base hit, or a fly ball wins the game with the bases loaded or not. They needed to get 1 out there before facing Beliard, Zimmerman, and Young. Then you can walk the bases loaded and play for a pop up or hopefully a double play.

Connection Problems

ice grillin you

nope...like sun said its baseball 101

anyway

im out to the game

ROOT EM IN!!!

BigEd76

Howard has a sprained ligament and is not in the starting lineup.  Pat is hitting 4th, with Dobbs playing 1st and hitting 5th...

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.