2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Apparently the Nats got away with pulling Michael Restovich out of the game (before batting, but was apparently announced as a pinch hitter) earlier, and then putting him in as a defensive replacement without the Phillies catching it.

This is according to the Nats announcers.

And he just singled up the middle to put a runner on with 2 out in the 10th.

Geowhizzer

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Worst team in the majors.  Even the Royals are better....

QB Eagles

Yep, the Phils are in sole possession of the worst record in Major League Baseball. Just like everyone predicted before the season, right?

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

2007: What a year for Philly sports. But hey, the Kixx have a chance to win it all this weekend!  :crazy

ice grillin you

lets still root root root our boys in...

i wish the phillies were a german class at virginia tech
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 19, 2007, 12:37:19 AM
I don't even know what to say anymore. :-\

I went and saw Jeff Samardjia pitch for the Daytona Cubs last night.  I wore my Phillies cap as usual and more than a few people actually came up to me and offered their sympathies to me for being a Phillies fan.

Gotta love it when Cubs fans are feeling sorry for you.

ice grillin you

charlie manuel made an incredible strategic error last night....

matt smith was struggling...in what i believe was the 11th inning...so rich dubee makes a trip to the mound to check on him...a few moments later the nationals bring mike restovich to the on deck circle..a righty to face the lefty smith...

manuel proceeds to go out and visit smith BEFORE restovich is announced as a pinch hitter...now smith has to come out of the game because dubee had already made a visit...this allows the nationals  to not have to use an extra player of the bench in an extra inning game...

restovich heads back to the dugout and is used in a double switch the next inning where he  comes in the game and proceeds to go 2-2 including a double in the 14th which put the winning run on third

speaking of that....runner on second and third with no out in the 14th...lefty felipe lopez up...right handed picther on the mound and two right handed batters to follow lopez...MANUEL DOES NOT WALK LOPEZ...to A) get the force chance at home plate with the infield in B) get the righty righty matchup...lopez drives in the winning run with a sac fly

whats funny is that charlie was out of bench players by the end of the 10th inning...the nationals still had one left in the 14th when the game ended...charlie pinch hit for his catcher in the 7th inning!....lol

rich kotite > charlie manuel

SunMo

i didn't see the pinch hitter deal with Matt Smith...but I was screaming at the TV for them to walk Lopez, that's basically baseball 101
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i just dont understand how people like davy lopes and jimy williams can sit there beside this guy and not do anything...theres gotta be a record number of WTF's going on in that dugout

id say the same thing about the players but i think they are all to stupid to realize how bad of a manager charlie is

SunMo

the players don't care how dumb he is, they don't get yelled at when they make mistakes and that's all they care about
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Howards due to have an MRI on his left leg today. (per ESPN SC)