2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

Freddy Garcia sucks.  It's funny that you had him listed with Hamels.  Jackass. 

Howard needs to start tearing the cover off the ball soon, its nice that Rollins has been hitting this well, but he is going to go into one of his spectacular slumps fairly soon.   

And no, strikeouts don't really matter.     

Also, Rollins and Rowand have been taking a ton of pitches and getting walks which is slightly less disturbing than that picture of MDS that has been floating around the internet. 

Rome

Nothing says "sucks" quite like a 116-71 career record.   :-D

mpmcgraw

He has not lost 5-7 mph, he has not been striking out less and less batters for a few years now, and he has not let up over 225 hits 2 years in a row. 

He is okay, he is better than league average, but he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the players todd the jew with the gold around his neck mentioned him with especially if you are going to leave Myers out of that group. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

And Jamie Moyer throws a fastball that topped out at like 79 mph the other day so who gives a crap how hard Garcia throws.  He can pitch and that's all that really counts.  Not to mention that he's gone over 200 innings for the last couple of years and he also has one of those......um, what's it called again?  Oh yeah, a championship.  

Your head is so far up your ass you can probably watch yourself swallow.  Go away.  

MDS

14-8 with a sub 4 ERA in the AL is mediocre. Shut up.

Actually that was 05. 17-9 with a 4.5 is still fine. So there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 15, 2007, 06:08:55 PM
And Jamie Moyer throws a fastball that topped out at like 79 mph the other day so who gives a crap how hard Garcia throws.  He can pitch and that's all that really counts.  Not to mention that he's gone over 200 innings for the last couple of years and he also has one of those......um, what's it called again?  Oh yeah, a championship.  

Your head is so far up your ass you can probably watch yourself swallow.  Go away.  
This might be the most retarded logic I have ever seen.   Player x can do this with this so everybody can!  

Moyer grew up as a finesse pitcher, his fastball did not fall off the face of the earth when he was 30 years old like Garcia.  Comparing him to Garcia in any way is uniformed and ridiculous.  Losing that kind of speed on what is most likely his second best pitch (being generous about his curveball) can be devastating.  Is he still going to be effective?  Yea I think so he was still decent last year, but unless he really improves his control chances are you are not going to see anything close to his 05 season in chicago or his early days in Seattle.  

mpmcgraw

Quote from: MDS on April 15, 2007, 06:17:42 PM
14-8 with a sub 4 ERA in the AL is mediocre. Shut up.
That was 2 years ago and he hadn't lost 6-8 mph on his fastball, asshat. 

Hopefully he can get that speed back, but this being the second year of his fastball being slower and it showing no signs of improving in ST, I wouldn't expect it.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Billy Beane on April 15, 2007, 06:19:16 PM
This might be the most retarded logic I have ever seen.     

I take it you never read your own posts then.  

mpmcgraw

SunMo

i know it's all fun and games and everything...but you really do know the least amount of baseball of any person i've ever heard
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mpmcgraw

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mpmcgraw

let's face it the shteinting contest that would evolve from me responding to that wouldnt be very fulfilling to either of us. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

All in all, I'd say today was a positive day for the Phillies.