2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

people think the pitching is ok.....

player -  ERA
B. Myers 9.39    
J. Lieber 11.57
R. Madson  7.71    
Adam Eaton 6.94     
Tom Gordon  6.00         
Geoff Geary    5.40     

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 13, 2007, 11:25:13 PM
The Twins are a hard team not to like.  Plus they've got one of my favorite players in Torri Hunter. 

Exactly.  This year my schedule only allowed one trip to the Twins' spring training this year, and that was before full squads reported.  It's one of the most enjoyable, relaxing things I can do.  There are usually about 100 people there (compare to 1-2,000 at the Red Sox across town, which is a complete zoo), and the players are constantly crossing the fan area to get from one field to another. 

I took my three-year-old son with me, and of course he was more interested in me pitching the wiffleball to him (my 3-year-old is already over 3½ feet tall and can actually hit underhand pitching) than in watching the major leaguers.  And the baseball fields are about the only places in Florida that you can find real grass.  Michael Cuddyer actually pitched him a couple of balls and commented on how good he looked for his age.  Of course he was just trying to be nice, but I couldn't help but swell a little with pride.

Wonderful time.  Hopefully next year I can make it a couple of times when all the players are there.

MDS

Quote from: MURP on April 13, 2007, 11:51:41 PM
people think the pitching is ok.....

player -  ERA
B. Myers 9.39    
J. Lieber 11.57
R. Madson  7.71    
Adam Eaton 6.94     
Tom Gordon  6.00         
Geoff Geary    5.40     

No one thinks the pitching is okay. The starting pitching was supposed to be good. Eaton is a 5th starter, he's pitched like it (one good, one bad). Moyer can keep them in the game (check). Hamels has been great. Garcia starts Sunday. Myers is the farg up. He's supposed to be the ace and he's looked like pimpled ass warts in 2 of them.

It's the bullpen, which we knew was shtein, and has been shtein. It's the situational hitting which continues, from the Bowa era, to be non existent. It's the stupid ass mistakes like sending Victorino that constantly ruin rallys. It's the stupid personal decisions like Wes Helms, Rod Brajas, Ryan Franklin, David Bell and so on that just farg things up.

Bad upper management. Bad coaching. Mediocre outside of 5 players (Utley, Howard, Rollins, Hamels, Garcia). farg this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 13, 2007, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 13, 2007, 09:10:08 PM
Right here...yeah, he looked like hell tonight. But so did Oswalt. I have a feeling that it was the cold ass weather affecting both of them tonight. Two bad starts in a row = cannot happen.

The ace is supposed to be the stopper and Brett hasn't shown that yet.

And the Hentz excuse train pulls into the station.

Yeah right...like I said he stunk and he should be the stopper to losing by being the "ace" and he didn't do that.

But I do wonder, even though as IGY pointed out he got raked in Miami, if the weather was an issue tonight. The only reason I say that is because Oswalt was garbage too (both are on my fantasy team, yay me!!)

2-8 is great though. Beautiful.

And sending Victorino was stupid.

Wingspan

Anyone that ever thought Myers would be an ace was delusional.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Wingspan on April 14, 2007, 08:58:11 AM
Anyone that ever thought Myers would be an ace was delusional.

I was hoping that he at least wouldn't be the joker.

NGM

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2007, 10:43:29 PM
all thats left of this season is to see how hard ryan howard falls off...i hope he hits .210 with 19 homers....theres not enough bad things that can happen to this team

Don't be a farging assclown.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

You sound like a farging idiot.  Shut the hell up with that bullshtein.

NO

go root for the magic
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Look at the idiot who's cheering against the Phillies and Ryan Howard telling me to go cheer for someone else.

:-D

You really are a laughably ridiculous fraud.  Go whore yourself on the taterskins message board, jackass, because that's clearly where you belong.

ice grillin you

damn right i will....the phillies are the disgusting fraud and i hope they lose 115 games so the house can finally be cleaned

but mostly i want the players to suffer more than me

but again youre supposedly a proud philadelphian yet you root for a florida team...your opinion on such matters is pretty much null and void

enjoy the nba playoffs

ice grillin you

"We're a lot better team than we've been showing," Manuel insisted before the game. "If you stay after it and stay positive, you'll hit a streak. And when we do, we have the team that can get us right back in the division."

"We're a lot better team than we've been showing," Manuel insisted before the game. "If you stay after it and stay positive, you'll hit a streak. And when we do, we have the team that can get us right back in the division."

"We stayed after them and battled them," Manuel said. "When the effort is there, it's hard to go in and chew their [butts]. That's not how it's done."

"We've got the team to get back in this," Manuel said. "I believe that."

SD_Eagle5

I guess the next step is a courthouse in CBP:
QuoteDespite added security, another rowdy College Night at ballpark
STEVEN M. FALK/Daily News

Despite the Phillies' best efforts to avoid the rowdiness of their first College Night last week, last night's College Night again was plagued by disorderly young fans.
In the sixth inning, a fan ran onto the field and halted play. That incident was not isolated, as fans strew the field with debris and were ejected for rowdiness.

This was despite an increased security presence, along with restrictions to beer sales in the upper decks, in an attempt to bring greater crowd control to College Nights.

The first College Night, Wednesday, April 4, resulted in 31 fan ejections.

"We don't have to do these kinds of things on a normal Sunday night," said Mike Stiles, Phillies vice president of operations and administration.

Stiles said that while the average number of ejections at Citizens Bank Park was seven per game last season, College Nights more than doubled that, with an average of 16 per game.

"We're pleased with the increase in attendance of college fans," he said, "but we don't want to ruin the experience of other fans, by bad fan behavior." *

- Nolan Rosenkrans
Fan who ran on the field lastnight:

MDS

Bahaha. I heard about that. The guy ran around the field, got denied from Rollins for a handshake, then went to the LF and tried to climb out. He juked out and evaded security a few times before finally being caught.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5