2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Once again, I'd like to point out that 1-6 is FAR from mediocre.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

i'd like to point out that you should fall down and skin your knees
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I do frequently. From laughing. At the Phillies. And their fans.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

yes, but forget avatar...i'm buying one for my front yard

ice grillin you

It was dumb to say because the Mets are clearly better, and this was true in the Spring when he shot his mouth.

it wasnt dumb to say it...i loved it when he did it and i still support him doing it...and him saying it is not in any way a reason why theyve gone 1-6...but that doesnt change the fact that the end result is beyond embarrassing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

I'm glad Rollins displayed that confidence too. For the first time it seemed like the Phillies had an attitude like they had an objective or goal and felt that they can beat anybody. I'd rather him display confidence than capitulate to everyone else.

Too bad the team hasn't responded. Besides the bullpen, this offense just can't bring home runners. I think 69 left on base so far this season. Leads the majors.

Wingspan

Quote from: Eaglez on April 10, 2007, 09:42:24 AM
I'm glad Rollins displayed that confidence too. For the first time it seemed like the Phillies had an attitude like they had an objective or goal and felt that they can beat anybody. I'd rather him display confidence than capitulate to everyone else.

Myers has always been that way.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on April 09, 2007, 10:35:13 PM
yes, but forget avatar...i'm buying one for my front yard

Commission an architect to build you a house that looks like it.

DH

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2007, 06:29:15 AM
It was dumb to say because the Mets are clearly better, and this was true in the Spring when he shot his mouth.

it wasnt dumb to say it...

How was it not dumb to say?

In addition to having an underacheiving 1-6 team to deal with, now theres the additional distraction of the media & fans questioning his comments that shouldnt have been made in the first place.

There was no value in what Rollins said. As long as the Phillies are not in first place, all people are going to talking about is how Jimmy shot his mouth and couldnt back it up.  Especially when the team is playing like a 3rd grade little league squad.

Obviously, the only way he would not be scrutinized is if the team wins the division, which puts a lot of pressure on a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 14 years.

ice grillin you

actually theres little to no talk about his comments in philly (and when there is its support for them)...all the talk is coming out of ny and rightfully so...in philly its all about how bad the team sucks

like i said it uber embarrassing for rollins but the fact that he said it has no bearing to anything that has or will happen on the field
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rollins' comments would be equally meaningless if they came true or not.  He wanted to express some confidence in his team, and he now looks a bit silly for it.  Who really gives a shtein, and who gave a shtein in the first place?