2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

The Black Adam Dunn just put one in the second deck.

2-0 Bums

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

in how many innings will the tigers not score over the next 18 (not counting coles start)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

And so the comedy of errors begins, Rowand calls off Burrell and bobbles a ball, then Lieber throws it to no one at first. 2 runs that shouldn't have been scored. This is why I love this team.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

phils are seeing what its like to play with the big boys now

MDS

ice grillin you

its on the hanger waiting to be rocked to the game tomorrow nite

their offense is sick...the banks gonna look like a big pinball machine this weekend

MDS

well yea no shtein black sherlock, but you seem giddy over it

PhillyPhanInDC

It's IGY. The more the Phillies get rocked, the more he likes it. Not cause he hates the team, but so that everyone can see he was right about at least one American league team pummeling them.

This is a disaster. Instead of getting beaten straight up by a better team, they are just giving the game to them.
Classic Phils though, play one of the best teams in the majors, and give them walks, hitters counts, errors, and classic Phils blunders. Should be a long series.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

The BIGSTUD

My friend feels the same way he does about the Phils, and I can't say I have a problem with it. He is just sick of the losing and wants them to get exposed, for the greater good down the road.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

Reading shtein like this angers me:

QuoteManager Charlie Manuel indicated last night that former Phillies third baseman David Bell's contract was part of the reason the club traded second baseman Placido Polanco to Detroit in 2005 rather than try him full time at third base.

"I think that came into play," he said. "From my standpoint, Polanco is a very good player."

At the time, Chase Utley was proving to be too good a player to split duties at second base. Bell had a high-paying contract and was locked in at third base. After shuffling Polanco among second base, shortstop, third base and left field, the Phillies dealt him to Detroit.

The Tigers are at Citizens Bank Park this weekend for a three-game series, with Polanco firm at second base for the defending American League champions. He is third in the AL with a .343 batting average.

"I just wanted to play, but they didn't have room for me," Polanco said. "It worked out for everybody."

The move gave Utley the second baseman's job, which Polanco understood - he called Utley the "best lefthanded hitter I've seen." But the player the Phillies got for Polanco, reliever Ugueth Urbina, is out of baseball. Bell was dealt to the Milwaukee Brewers last season, and now the Phillies are using Wes Helms, Abraham Nuñez and Greg Dobbs at third base.

:puke