2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Twins came back to win in the 9th inning

Phils have 2nd place to themselves  :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

mcnabbmvp

"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

SunMo

some interesting numbers from Todd Zolecki's blog:

QuoteI hear a lot from people who say the Phillies offense is feast or famine, and because of that they never will win consistently. In my opinion, there's nothing quite like anecdotal evidence. I mean, if somebody says it outloud it must be totally true, right?

But I wanted to check anyway.

Here's what I found looking at the five teams in the National League East: the Phillies have the most balanced offense -- in terms of feast or famine -- in the division. Here's how I figured it out: I put a team's scoring into three categories -- 0 to 3 runs, 4 to 6 runs and 7 or more runs. Why those three? Hey, why not? Actually, I just figured 4 to 6 runs is, you know, average. And a team that scores three or fewer runs in a game is going to lose most of the time, while a team that scores seven or more runs in a game is going to win most of the time.

The Phillies scored 0 to 3 runs 19 times (28.8 percent) this season, 4-6 runs 30 times (45.5 percent) and 7 or more runs 17 times (25.8 percent).

The Mets have scored 0 to 3 runs 28 times (43.8 percent), 4 to 6 runs 21 times (32.8 percent) and 7 or more runs 15 times (23.4 percent).

The Braves have scored 0 to 3 runs 28 times (42.4 percent), 4 to 6 runs 21 times (31.8 percent) and 7 or more runs 17 times (25.8 percent).

The Marlins have scored 0 to 3 runs 25 times (37.9 percent), 4 to 6 runs 24 times (36.4 percent) and 7 or more runs 17 times (25.8 percent).

The Nationals have scored 0 to 3 runs 33 times (50.8 percent), 4 to 6 runs 22 times (33.8 percent) and 7 or more runs 9 times (13.8 percent).

In my humble opinion, it shows that this "feast of famine" talk is junk. It might seem like the Phillies "score two runs one night and 10 the next," but no more so than other teams. In fact, much less than other teams.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

he doesnt get it...its not feast or famine...its the fact that they cant do the little things and they cant do anything in big situations

lets see them in sept when they need to advance a runner or get a runner in scoring position home with less than two outs in a big late game situation

also his numbers tell you how many times they scored a particular number of runs...but it doesnt give their record in those games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Through Thursday's play:
Team    0-3      4-6       7+
---------------------------------
Mets     6-22    17-4    13-2
Phillies 1-18    17-13    17-0
Braves    7-22    13-8    15-2

MDS

1-18 when they score 3 runs or less? Holy shtein thats horrid.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Through Thursday's play:
Team    0-3      4-6       7+
---------------------------------
Mets     6-22    17-4    13-2
Phillies 1-18    17-13    17-0
Braves    7-22    13-8    15-2

now thats what im talking about

thats feast or famine...the only games they can win are when they are blowing a team out...meaning theres little pressure or clutch scenarios in the game...i actually think the 17-13 is just as bad as the 1-18

SunMo

yeah, a combined 18-31 when they score less than 7 runs

MDS

The bullpen is an abortion. What do you expect?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

So score more than 7 every night.  That's less than 1 an inning...

ice grillin you

So score more than 7 every night.  That's less than 1 an inning...

IN

SD_Eagle5

Got 4 tickets to tomorrow nights game. Section 112 row 11. Sweet.