2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If the Phillies wanted to make a statement about playing the right way and not making idiotic mistakes that cost you games, they should release Barajas right farging now.  Maybe they will after they read this statement he made after the game:

QuoteBarajas' take: "Since we won the game, we can look back and laugh at some of those plays.''

Yep - hysterical.

Cut him.

Quasimoto

That is embarassing.  I bet the whole team was yukking it up after the game.  Oh that Rod!

Sgt PSN

And yet Coste is still rotting away in the minors.   Nice.  

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

If they cut Barajas then Gillick would have to acknowledge he blew it (again) by signing him and exiling Coste to AAA.  Like that's ever going to happen.

:-D

ice grillin you

barajas can say garbage like that because his manager isnt gonna do shtein...let someone like jim leyland or mike scioscia hear that comment...they would get in his ass hard and nothing liek it would be uttered again...victorino made an assinine comment like that as well after he was thrown out at third in the first week of the season

What's funny is people are so hellbent on ripping Charlie that they forget that every manager in baseball does that same shtein with bringing in closers. One guy on the radio was saying "what would Joe Torre do? Or how about Tony LaRussa or Ozzie Guillen?" Its obvious that that dude doesn't watch how Torre uses Mariano.

riveras been a closer for over a decade...myers was a starter one month ago...you dont treat the two the same way

The guy isn't the best manager

no...no he isnt...in fact hes the worst manager ive ever seen

and who was ripping him for putting in werth....werth hit a home run in the first inning...so people were killing him bwtn the time the lineup was posted and when he that homer?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Mitch Williams called it perfectly on the post game show, he called out Barajas for being afraid of getting run over and he called out Manuel for bringing Myers into a 4 run game.

I knew Charlie would break his new toy, I just didn't think it would happen this quickly.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

i might go to the game on june 3 just because they're giving out these...

ice grillin you

steal your neighbors pre schooler because its for kids 14 and under

SunMo

matty looks under 14...retarded even, he might get two

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2007, 05:05:23 AMit MUST be pointed out how STUPID that play Greg Dobbs made was. Holy shtein! If I wasn't so pissed when it happened I would've had a good laugh at Charlie and Rich Dubee's reactions in the dugout. Dubee's face was funny.

Dobbs said after the game that it was the stupidest play in the history of baseball.  :-D

SunMo

yeah, Dobbs admits it was horrible, feels terrible that he may have lead to Myers being injured.

meanwhile Barajas says he can laugh at his play because they won. 

murder death kill

ice grillin you

the IQ and fundementals of this team are well documented....therefore the dobbs play barely even registered to me

however the barajas play was staight bitch....he knew what to do he just didnt wanna do it for fear of getting hit

it looked like his glove was a big fat piece of watermelon and he was in the  position right before youre about to eat it where you dont wanna get the juices on your shirt

PhillyPhreak54

Sarge, Coste has been back with the team for about two weeks now. ;)

IGY - a few posters on the Phils MB were blasting away at him for starting Werth.

Barajas should be cut. If not for being a bitchass punk, then for the comment.

Ruiz is playing much better anyhow.

Lieby > Barajas.

I never thought I would miss Lieberthal

ice grillin you

IGY - a few posters on the Phils MB were blasting away at him for starting Werth.

a few billy beans on what i can only imagine is an abomination of a message board should be paid no mind and certainly dont reflect the phillies fanbase in any way...and it doesnt change the fact that charlie is a disgrace of a manager