2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

You don't get enough of that in the dorms

MDS

I'm not in a dorm, Wookie. And yes, I see a lot of balls and such in my general daily activities. Who doesn't?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Seabiscuit36

QuoteHamels' goal: One no-hitter per season
By MARTIN FRANK, The News Journal

Posted Friday, May 18, 2007
PHILADELPHIA -- Cole Hamels wasn't upset about losing the no-hitter on J.J. Hardy's two-run homer in the seventh inning Wednesday night.

He was upset about losing the perfect game the batter before, because it came on a walk. Hamels banged his glove against his side in frustration after he walked the Brewers' Rickie Weeks.

"I like to at least go through a game where I don't walk a guy," Hamels said. "To give up a free base, it's harder to take than the home run. Walks, in general, can hurt you. I'd like to get through games where I don't allow runs, either."

Hamels allowed two runs on two hits in his eight innings of work as the Phillies cruised to a 6-2 win. He struck out 11 batters.

Make no mistake, Hamels said he wanted the no-hitter. In fact, he said he wants to get at least one every season.

"I don't know if it's every pitcher's goal, but it's mine," Hamels said. "It's something that's so far to reach, but you can try to reach it. That's why we're out here. Nobody's going to be perfect. I try to be that way and a perfect game is pretty perfect."

Hamels said he wasn't afraid to talk to his teammates while he was flirting with his no-hitter. It is customary in baseball that teammates leave a pitcher alone when he is working on a no-hitter.

Not Hamels. He was chatting with his teammates, just like he would do in any other situation.

"That's part of who I am, and I don't want to let that affect what's going on in the game," he said. "I don't want to change myself."

He said the main topics of conversation were the Brewers' at-bats, and, of course, his own.

Hamels had two hits, the first multi-hit game of his career.

"I talked about my hitting because, obviously, I don't have much to show for it and I was really excited at that point," he said.

It was hard to tell if he was excited because of his hitting or his pitching.

Streaking on

The talk in the Phillies clubhouse after the game Thursday was about a naked man who jumped over the left-field fence and ran toward the infield.

The man was chased by groundskeepers while the players looked on in disbelief. One of the groundskeepers hip-checked the man to the infield dirt. He was led off by security, with a bag covering his midsection. He faces charges.

When asked for his reaction, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel replied with a laugh: "I got real blushed. I wasn't trying to look. It happened so quick. The first I saw, he was on the ground."

Also

Brett Myers had pitched four times in the previous five games. But Manuel hinted that if the Phillies had a lead in the ninth inning, he might have used him. ... Newark native Kevin Mench has yet to get a hit in front of his hometown fans. He went 0-for-8 in the series after grounding out as a pinch-hitter. He is now 0-for-18 in his career at Citizens Bank Park. ... The Phillies begin interleague play this weekend with a three-game series against Toronto. The Phillies are 78-91 overall in interleague play and 9-9 against the Jays. Jon Lieber (1-2, 2.83) will oppose Dustin McGowan (0-0, 7.59) tonight.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

There was a streaker (full nudity) who jumped onto the field from the left/center field fence in the 7th

makes more sense...because it happened right on the change over when harry comes in the booth for the last three tv innings...wheels was like and ill let harry explain what just happened...harry was like i wont be doing that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

dude in the blue shirt is really getting up in there.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

number for the three pitchers the blue jays have going this weekend

total career starts 28

nothing less than a sweep is acceptable

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

makes no sense either....abe has been strokin it and we dont even have to mention the defensive discrepency btwn the two...plus a right hander starting

did you just see the bird diarreah

on another note when is the last time a phillies starter got bombed...its such a nice feeling this year to know that pretty much every starter is gonna go 5+ and keep you in the game if not straight up win it

SunMo

that bird shteinting was awesome

did they sign Eaton before or after they traded for Garcia, because you would've though the money they spent on Eaton could've been spent on the bullpen, although you wouldn't be able to have Myers in the bullpen now.

Hamels was on DNL tonight, he may sound like a gaybird, but he's a pretty cool dude.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.