2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

One of the Giants fans was yelling "HEY HOWARD, YOU WEIGH MORE THAN YOUR AVERAGE!"

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

this is quickly spiraling into a 2003 pat burrell scenario

funny too cause burrell had his monster season the previous year (02)...just like howard did last year...and has never really come out of it

this is my worry with howard...that hes not last year but closer to what he is now...tho not THIS bad

all i can say is howard can see the tens of millions of dollars slipping out of his hand everytime he flails at another slider off the plate and its eating him alive
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Perhaps he needs to adjust his stance and close the front leg a bit to help him stop pulling off everything. Thats what hes trying to do - yank everything 550 to dead right. Hell, last year people were wishing he'd pull more and now I cant even remember more than one hit going to LF-LCF.

ice grillin you

someone needs to call out pat gillick for the wes helms signing

the spin he put on all winter that wes helms was somehow some sort of power hitter....he had one season in his career with more than 10 homers but all gillick talked in the offseason was how he was gonna add a lot of offense to the lineup

currently his line is 4 and 9 no not four homers and nine rbi but four errors and nine rbi and ZERO HR

cant nunez do that and not butcher it up in the field?

SunMo

yes, Nunez can, and think that's why he's been playing more.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Helms was a garbage signing.  In other words, he's been a fairly typical Gillick addition.

SD_Eagle5

Helms is great at hitting singles with 2 outs and nobody on

Rome

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

maybe...but the helms one particularly pisses me off cause he conciously lied about him...he set out to brainwash a lot of people into thinking this guy would bring pop to the lineup...

and then the papers started writing it and the radio talked about it...and the whole time im thinking when did wes helms become a power hitter??...

it was amazing to see...i mean i can specifically recall fans and prognosticators saying one of the reasons the phils could/would win the divison is becasue helms is gonna provide offense at 3rd...number one hes not a full time player and #2 hes not a power hitter....hes david bell but a worse fielder

Rome

Adam Eaton could still win 20.

that is incredibly accurate.

Rome

Helms' best year in the majors was 2003 when he hit 23 dingers and had 67 rbi's.

For Milwaukee.

SD_Eagle5

I was fine with Nunez at 3rd, the guy couldn't hit worth a damn but he was cheap and a borderline gold glove 3rd baseman. Helms was unnecessary, his money should have been used for bullpen help...anything would suffice.

ice grillin you

^^^^
real talk

anyone on this board can hit zero homers