2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

Moyer gets a standing ovation in the bottom half and lines a double past Cabrera  :-D

He's still on 3rd though with 2 outs

Geowhizzer

And Moyer gets a double, just to have both Rollins and Victorino pop out (he did go to third on a wild pitch).

Geowhizzer

SunMo

two on, 1 out...we get to see Myers in his first real pressure situation coming out of the pen
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on April 29, 2007, 03:52:38 PM
two on, 1 out...we get to see Myers in his first real pressure situation coming out of the pen

And he did alright!  :yay

SunMo

Geowhizzer

Marlins announcer (and former Phil) Tommy Hutton says that arsonist Flash Gordon is warming up.

He said that the fans wouldn't be happy.  :-D

SunMo

Dobbs with a bases loaded, two-out double.  6-0 Phils.

that should be enough for Gordon

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on April 29, 2007, 04:10:38 PM
Dobbs with a bases loaded, two-out double.  6-0 Phils.

that should be enough for Gordon

But will it be for ol' six-fingers?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

I'll admit this now, Myers to the pen was a good idea. My opinion is subject to change considering how awful Eaton's been and considering Lieber won't keep up. Myers 2 SO's in the clutch today were huge.

SunMo

it look quicker than I thought, but Yankees fans are starting to get sick of good ol' Bobby A up there.

after trying to bunt with men on base, two days in a row.  Mike Fransesca said this:

Quotefor your three hole hitter to get up there in an rbi situation and try to move the runners, that is a disgrace. If he is not confident enough in his swing to get a base hit, he shouldnt be playing. I finally see why the phillies fans wanted him out. I dont know how much more of his looking to walk and not get the big hit i can take

ha!

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 29, 2007, 08:29:45 PM
I'll admit this now, Myers to the pen was a good idea. My opinion is subject to change considering how awful Eaton's been and considering Lieber won't keep up. Myers 2 SO's in the clutch today were huge.

Myers is better suited for the pen. And has been for a few seasons. Myers is fiery pitcher who runs on emotion rather than strategy.

Coming out of the pen, he can load up and fire at will with everything he has, and not worry about tiring out by the 6th inning. He was never any good at pacing himself, and now he doesnt have to.

He was never an "ace" starter.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.