2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2007, 09:58:25 PM
amen

wheels is arguably the worst announcer thats ever been in this city

he is one of the worst announcers in any sport, ever.   

Don Ho

r u shteintin' me about Scott Graham?  is he really doing NFL Eurpoe?  I actually enjoyed listening to him the past few years.  I was wondering what happened to him.  I've been lucky as the past few games on mlb.com have been the Nationals and Reds TV broadcast.  Geo is correct in that the Cincy crew is quite good.  I was surprised to hear Don Sutton doing the Nationals games.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

That triple play was great.  Hamel's took over the #1 spot last night.  He was just amazing to watch.  I love the poise he shows and just how he walks off the field after a strikeout.  Most wont say it, but Charlie put a good lineup out there last night.  I liked the moves he put on. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

It was a pleasure watching Colebert pitch last night.  Complete dominance.  The Reds looked befuddled at his change-up.

And I agree about the Reds broadcasting crew.  They were a pleasure to listen to after having to deal with the likes of Bad Rug Wheeler & Mushmouth Sarge lately.  It's gotten to the point where I routinely turn the sound off when I watch the game on the computer.  I'll listen to my iPod instead.  Pretty sad.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Rowand just made a nice diving catch to end the 5th.

NGM

Is anyone one else having a tough time locating the ball today?  Even in HD I can barely tell whats going on when the ball is in play.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Geowhizzer

Howard caught a humpback liner, but missed a double play opportunity when he dropped the ball taking it out of his glove.

Geary has Encarnacion at 0-2.

Sgt PSN

Nice thrown by Victorino to nail the runner at home.  That had disaster written all over it and the Phils come out giving up just one run.  I'll take it. 

NGM

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 22, 2007, 03:28:16 PM
Nice thrown by Victorino to nail the runner at home.  That had disaster written all over it and the Phils come out giving up just one run.  I'll take it. 

I know Victorino wasn't deep but that throw was a rope.  Good play.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 22, 2007, 03:28:16 PM

Ya don't think Cole can come out today, do ya?  :-\

Don Ho

That was a close one.  Victorino saves phils from near disaster.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 22, 2007, 03:38:04 PM
Phils get lucky and get the run back.

Did you see the replay on that?  He hit the ball straight down, just to the outside of his front foot and and from there it shot down the grass along the 3rd base line.  That ball had to have some serious rotation for it to bounce the way it did. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 22, 2007, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 22, 2007, 03:38:04 PM
Phils get lucky and get the run back.

Did you see the replay on that?  He hit the ball straight down, just to the outside of his front foot and and from there it shot down the grass along the 3rd base line.  That ball had to have some serious rotation for it to bounce the way it did. 

Yep.  Helms has a 2nd career upcoming: