2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

it's hard to make Eskin look like the sympathetic one in one of these situations, but Manuel did it well.  Howard asked him why he doesn't get angry with his players and Manuel went off and kept telling Eskin to meet him in his office.  It was awesome.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

I'm remembering back to a thread where I or someone else was defending McNabb and you said he wasn't black.

ive said off this board (and probably on it) in a 100% joking manner that mcnabb isnt black...for example when he does the michael jackson dance

however ive never even semi serious said that that is why he cant get the job done or why i dont like him...and ive a thousand times defended him against the racists that say the eagles cant win with a (n word) quarterback

Oh, don't even play dumb, IGY.

my problem here is we arent talking about uncle toms

what white man is ryan howard being subservient to??...how is he negatively affecting other blacks

lets be real...saying that ryan howard isnt black is saying hes well spoken....which is to say that blacks are dumb...and thats wrong

whats the negative word or words for a well spoken white guy?

You don't hate Howard in the least

never said i hated howard...again i want this whole team to crash and burn...he happens to be the guy who can have the most disasterous fall off...we are talking about epic porportions

btwn homers rbis and batting avg he could drop a total of 150 "points"...that would be tragic and who doesnt rubberneck at a train wreck

in fact that would be a good pool to start....guess the combined number of homers rbis and BA pts howard falls this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

it's hard to make Eskin look like the sympathetic one in one of these situations, but Manuel did it well.  Howard asked him why he doesn't get angry with his players and Manuel went off and kept telling Eskin to meet him in his office.  It was awesome.

yeah they just played it on wip and had eskin on....manuel looks like more of an idiot than he ever has and thats saying something....its hard to imgaine what it will take for this guy to be fired...i still dont know how he got out of florida after the first weekend...but now your manager is trying to fight a media member in his office.....its over...

Wingspan

You'll see...Manuel will get fired (and probably rightfully so), and nothing will change. In Manuel's slight defence, he asked for bullpen help all off season (saying he could win with everything else on the roster as was)..and the one thing dumbass Gillick actually may have made worse was the bullpen.

This team is owned by a bunch of bumbling idiots. Run by a bunch of bumbling idoits. Which has led to a bunch of bunch of streaky baseball players who don't pay attention, and a fundamentally retarded and will never win.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

You'll see...Manuel will get fired (and probably rightfully so), and nothing will change.

this year probably not...the team just plain sucks

but with a better manager the team makes the playoffs the last two years

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2007, 09:49:21 AM
but with a better manager the team makes the playoffs the last two years

Doubtful, but it's a pretty thought.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

ice grillin you

manuel easily costs his team four or five games a year with managerial mistakes that a monkey wouldnt mess up

Seabiscuit36

The phils wont fire charly any time soon, just to appease 610 and phillies fans
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2007, 10:24:52 AM

manuel easily costs his team four or five games a year with managerial mistakes that a monkey wouldnt mess up

Sure, it's a valid point. But the manager didnt lose to the Astros in a makeup game, and then lose 2 of three to the Nats, when they were up a game with one week left in the season. The fargheads lost that.

And again in 05, the players got swept by the Astros, and then lost 2 of three to the mets. the players did.

The manager is at fault at times. But these players just can not cut it.

These players have not once shown they can win when it counts.
Connection Problems

ice grillin you

in no way am i defending the players...they are all dogs

SunMo

this was a great exchange last night...

Eskin: Grow up.

Manuel: I am growed up @sshole.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

who saw beltran last night literally aim for left field and burrell...i said this all spring training but its unbelievable to me that burrell is a major league outfielder...he plain cant run...that should have been an easy catch last night instead its two rbi for the mets

even if the bullpen didnt suck and the lineup wasnt garbage and the manager was competant and their ace wasnt really a number 3 they still couldnt win with the defense they have

Eskin: Grow up.

Manuel: I am growed up @sshole.

how about right after this when charlie says "whats it to you anyway"...he sounds like hes tearing up...for a split second i actually felt bad for him...someone needs to put him down....hes done