Montae Reagor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 20, 2007, 10:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just saw it scrolling on NFL network - 3-year deal for $8.25m with $2m in guaranteed money

Diomedes

Well, you know they aren't going to cut Reno for this guy, so it's gonna be a DL that goes, and Reagor is better than three of 'em, so alright.  Meh.  So long as one of Walker, Rayburn, or McDougle goes, this is fine.

I like the Christian life.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Stallworth Supporter

Just saw a blurb on kffl saying Mike Doss visited?  I thought he signed somewhere already?

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Banner's Cabana Boy on March 20, 2007, 10:27:27 PM
Just saw a blurb on kffl saying Mike Doss visited?  I thought he signed somewhere already?
That would be great if Doss signed too, we could have 2 injured players from a crappy Colts D.

I'm cool with this signing, he's depth and who knows, maybe he'll come in and surprise us. Wonder if Rayburn gets shipped for a late round pick in the draft. If they can get something for Parry they can get something for Rayburn.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: hbionic on March 20, 2007, 10:43:36 PM
What's the skinny on Montae?

- Undersized DT
- Pass rushing is his strength
- Weak vs. the run
- Coming off an injury

Standard Protocol

TexasEagle

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 20, 2007, 10:49:36 PM
Quote from: hbionic on March 20, 2007, 10:43:36 PM
What's the skinny on Montae?

- Undersized DT
- Pass rushing is his strength
- Weak vs. the run
- Coming off an injury

Standard Protocol

Yay mediocrity!

Eagaholic

I was looking at some stuff on Montae Reagor and a couple of things stood out.

- He did recently have back to back seasons with 5 and 5.5 sacks.
- He has an extra 'a' in each of his names
- from looking up his injury report from the season ending car accident, is stated: 

"Colts DT Montae Reagor (face) may reportedly miss the rest of the year."

If that is  the case, Norv Turner (face) could miss the rest of his career.

Drunkmasterflex

Wish I could get excited about this signing.  Can he play DE at all? If he can rush the passer maybe they can use him on the outside on run downs.  It would be nice to see them have a run stuffer in there. :-\

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

undersized DT boners all around. championship!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

When I see these 'quick' undersized pass rusher dt guys I always have this feeling - if they could only get a real good 330 pound lard ass runstuffer to compliment these other  < 300lb guys, they'd have something. Maybe Bunkley, with his strength can step up and do this. If so, I think they could have a top DL, but they have to be healthy.

BigEd76

hmmm, stupid me thinking this was an Ed Jasper signing where he'd compete in camp.  3 years?  :-\

bobbyinlondon

Nope--he's still out there unsigned. Deon Grant signed with Seattle last week and Ken Hamlin is visiting the Cowboys.

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 20, 2007, 10:48:11 PM
That would be great if Doss signed too, we could have 2 injured players from a crappy Colts D.

I'm cool with this signing, he's depth and who knows, maybe he'll come in and surprise us. Wonder if Rayburn gets shipped for a late round pick in the draft. If they can get something for Parry they can get something for Rayburn.

Crappy D? Yeah, in the regular season, but they turned on the jets during their playoff run to a SB title. His injury had nothing to do with football. He was in a bad car accident driving to the Colts-Skins game and broke the orbital bone in his face and had to have 37 stitches in the back of his  head.