Montae Reagor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 20, 2007, 10:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The pool was limited, yes, but there were first rate players available and the Eagles ignored them while waiting for the sale tags to come out.

SidFarkus

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 21, 2007, 09:43:54 AM
The pool was limited, yes, but there were first rate players available and the Eagles ignored them while waiting for the sale tags to come out.

I actually don't think there was one guy I'd call a "first rate" player on the free agent market this year. Thomas and Clements were the only guys close to that level.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't honestly think of any "first-rate" FA's that I wish the Eagles would have gone after this off-season, outside of Stallworth.

ice grillin you

rome is right the eagles go out and get players who at best minimally if at all improve a position

think about how many players the eagles have gotten in the last lets say four years who have come in and significantly improved a position and are still on the team

andrews and kearse??

its always one step forward and two back or at best status quo with the eagles...eventually its a gonna catch up with you and besides that its defintiely not a way to win a title...for too long theyve lived off of having one of the best qb's in the conference playing in a soft division and just getting by with the rest of the roster
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SidFarkus

I'm not as annoyed that the Eagles don't go out and get the "big name" free agents every year... but I do get annoyed when they try to sell us that the guys they do sign are big time players.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

PoopyfaceMcGee

Significant improvements in the Reid era:

T.O. over Pinkston, Thrash, Mitchell
Andrews over Welbourn, etc
Kearse over Brandon Whiting

??

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Runyan over whoever he took over for

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2007, 10:25:45 AM
westbrook over duce

Eventually, yes... but when Westbrook was first drafted, Duce was still the guy and Buckhalter was coming off a great rookie campaign.  Plus, there are obviously parts of his game that don't compare to Duce in his prime... even tho Westbrook is much more of an impact player.

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 21, 2007, 10:31:06 AM

Wasn't Runyan brought it while Rhodes was the coach?  Maybe not.  He's a net add to the list.

I just thought of another one, though... Michael Lewis over Blaine Bishop/Damon Moore/etc.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Update from PE.com on the Reagor situation:

QuoteReagor met with team personnel on Tuesday amid reports late Tuesday that he had agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the team. Nothing is official in terms of Reagor agreeing to terms with the Eagles. He is scheduled to meet the media late Wednesday morning.

Interesting.  Maybe Banner threw some injury clause in the contract that is delaying the closure of the deal.

Oh, in the mean time, KC signed DT Alphonso Boone (a big fat run stopper).

PhillyPhanInDC

I'd also say that Garcia was an extremely good move, although it is pretty tainted by the fact the they only gave him a one year deal. If they had a feeling he could come in and operate the offense in such a way, they should have gotten him a slightly longer contract.

Schobel might also turn into a decent scrap heap type pickup, but at that point, you're really scraping....
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 21, 2007, 10:33:42 AM

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 21, 2007, 10:31:06 AM

Wasn't Runyan brought it while Rhodes was the coach?  Maybe not.  He's a net add to the list.

I just thought of another one, though... Michael Lewis over Blaine Bishop/Damon Moore/etc.
No, he was brought in after Reids first season (5-11)

If we're going draft picks too than McNabb and Simon should be added

BigEd76

Lito Sheppard over Troy Vincent?
Sheldon Brown over Bobby Taylor?
Trotter II over Kirkland/Gardner

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 21, 2007, 10:43:41 AM
I was gonna add Sheppard/Brown but were they really a significant upgrade over Taylor/Vincent?

PoopyfaceMcGee

No.  Replacement, not improvement.

Maybe, but Taylor was actually a pretty darn good cover corner in his day.  Close call.

No way.  How can that farging count?  They let him go, fail to adequately replace him, and sign him back.  No.