Montae Reagor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 20, 2007, 10:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Well... considering that despite all our wishes, the Eagles are simply not going to sign a big, two gap run stuffer... I can deal with this signing.  He's a vet who's produced in this league and can still make some plays.  If nothing else... this contract says that either Walker or Rayburn now have one foot out the door.

Is he some big difference maker?  Nah... but he can make the DT rotation better than it is right now.

link, btw...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

Thank god we'll see improved consistency in the defensive line's mediocrity this season. I was worried that they might not be up to inadequate this year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Reagor is at worst the 2nd or 3rd best DT on the team immediately.  I obviously don't think there's a reason to jump out of our seats and kneel to the football gods for this one, but it is nevertheless a solid signing.

Bye bye Rayburn and/or Walker.

ice grillin you

When I see these 'quick' undersized pass rusher dt guys I always have this feeling - if they could only get a real good 330 pound lard ass runstuffer to compliment these other

the eagles and specifically jim johnson  dont care about stopping the run...its part of their philosophy of bend but dont give up the big play and the first way to not give up the big play is to get a pass rush which in turn protects your secondary...on the surface this is all true but the eagles take it to the extreme

dont ask me how having linebackers who cant get in the backfield much less to the qb fit into all this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2007, 06:27:28 AM
dont ask me how having linebackers who cant get in the backfield much less to the qb fit into all this

They get in the mix there and compete.  They're doing a nice job.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 21, 2007, 06:28:34 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2007, 06:27:28 AM

They get in the mix there and compete.  They're doing a nice job.

And Andy Reid has to work harder to get them into the position to make plays.

Rome

I was wondering why the EMB was down for maintenance again.

:-D

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on March 21, 2007, 01:12:52 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 20, 2007, 10:48:11 PM
Quote from: Banner's Cabana Boy on March 20, 2007, 10:27:27 PM
Just saw a blurb on kffl saying Mike Doss visited?  I thought he signed somewhere already?
That would be great if Doss signed too, we could have 2 injured players from a crappy Colts D.

I'm cool with this signing, he's depth and who knows, maybe he'll come in and surprise us. Wonder if Rayburn gets shipped for a late round pick in the draft. If they can get something for Parry they can get something for Rayburn.

Crappy D? Yeah, in the regular season, but they turned on the jets during their playoff run to a SB title. His injury had nothing to do with football. He was in a bad car accident driving to the Colts-Skins game and broke the orbital bone in his face and had to have 37 stitches in the back of his  head.
Their D was mud butt crappy during the regular season, and considering he didn't play 1 snap during the playoffs I don't see how it matters.

SD_Eagle5

Rome

He's just another in a long line of mediocre football players that have been brought in for peanuts in the desperate hope that they'll get a golden nugget out of a pile of horse manure.

Just more of the same from the Eagles.   :-o

dis12

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 21, 2007, 08:52:17 AM
He's just another in a long line of mediocre football players that have been brought in for peanuts in the desperate hope that they'll get a golden nugget out of a pile of horse manure.

Just more of the same from the Eagles.   :-o

Eagles motto:  "send us your poor, tired, hungry, injured, undersized, slow and mediocre..."
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Sgt PSN

I'm not upset by this signing at all.  In fact, I think it's a pretty good signing.  But signings like this should be "complimentary" to bigger and better signings.   This offseason has been all potatoes and no meat.  

SidFarkus

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 21, 2007, 09:25:23 AM
I'm not upset by this signing at all.  In fact, I think it's a pretty good signing.  But signings like this should be "complimentary" to bigger and better signings.   This offseason has been all potatoes and no meat. 

Well, in the Eagles opinion... the "meat" is already here.

I like the Reagor signing if only because it means Darwin Walker is that much more likely to be cut... I just don't want to see him get knocked on his ass play after play for another year. I'd rather watch Reagor on the ground than Walker again.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

Rome

I don't have a specific problem with THIS signing, Sarge.  What I have a problem with is the unending series of signings like this one.  Lukewarm garbage over and over... it's just depressing, that's all.

Look, Reagor is fine as a backup or a rotational DT.  I'm just tired of the Eagles seemingly shopping at Wal-Mart for players when the occasional trip to Neiman Marcus would be nice.

SidFarkus

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 21, 2007, 09:34:29 AM
I don't have a specific problem with THIS signing, Sarge.  What I have a problem with is the unending series of signings like this one.  Lukewarm garbage over and over... it's just depressing, that's all.

Look, Reagor is fine as a backup or a rotational DT.  I'm just tired of the Eagles seemingly shopping at Wal-Mart for players when the occasional trip to Neiman Marcus would be nice.

I don't disagree with your general point... but the problem this year is that Neiman Marcus was selling the same crap as Walmart this offseason.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/