Men Should Act Like Men...

Started by rjs246, January 24, 2007, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

I can relate to the sitting down issue. But only in the middle of the night when it's dark and you have a stiffie. I'd rather risk my man status than burn out my eyes with the light or piss all over the place.

My confession: I do laundry, cook meals, and generally help clean the house. But I also work on the cars and fix the appliances, so it tends to even out.

I used to be way more afraid of bees, but they do still give me the willies.

QBE...I have similar musical interests. Do you have any Patrick O'hearn music?

General_Failure

I've done the laundry, dishes, and cooking since I was 13ish, so that's nothing new to me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

I do all of the cooking, not my wife.  

I love wine.  We go to wine tastings.

I too go to a salon for haircuts.  Usually its really hot 16-19 year old girls washing your hair, but the last time i went it was some dude, i tried to talk my way out of the washing part but the insisted.  I felt dirty afterwards.  

I use Certain Dry to stop swampy armpits

i use Babypowder on by genitalia, and ass when i take a nasty dump and dont feel like showering.

Sometimes i'll lay on my dog and watch tv.  
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

I spend $15 on shaving cream rather than buying a can of Barbasol for $3 because the Clinique shaving cream makes my face smoother.

I also do the laundry for two reasons.  The first is our washer broke about 3 months ago and I'm too cheap to buy a new one (that's the cover story).  The real reason is, my wife sucks at it.  She never gets the clothes right and she folds them like a farging crackhead.

I also iron my t-shirts.  Not my undershirts, though.  That would be, like, totally farging gay.

:-D

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 25, 2007, 07:47:19 AMI love wine.  We go to wine tastings.

I enjoy it also. If I lived anywhere near wine country, I'd be dangerous.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 25, 2007, 08:22:09 AMThe real reason is, my wife sucks at it.  She never gets the clothes right and she folds them like a farging crackhead.

LMAO...I tell mine to leave my clothes alone. I'm very picky when it comes to how they're folded.

ice grillin you

i use Babypowder on by genitalia, and ass when i take a nasty dump and dont feel like showering.

baby powder and/or gold bond from the taint to just below the belly button should be a daily ritual for every male and is as manly as it gets

say word

im with romey i wouldnt let my girl touch my laundry...shed shrink all my shtein...the only clothes i machine dry are underwear and socks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i barely, if at all, drink at football games

i can't really think of any others, but i'll keep trying
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on January 25, 2007, 08:30:36 AM
i barely, if at all, drink at football games

i can't really think of any others, but i'll keep trying
Go drink a wine cooler you pansy
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 25, 2007, 08:30:21 AM

baby powder and/or gold bond from the taint to just below the belly button should be a daily ritual for every male and is as manly as it gets

say word

im with romey i wouldnt let my girl touch my laundry...shed shrink all my shtein...the only clothes i machine dry are underwear and socks

Goldbond is the shtein, especially after spending a long time out in the field and your balls and ass are just about raw.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Cerevant

"Me too"

Quote from: Zanshin on January 24, 2007, 10:16:24 PM
I really liked the movie Say Anything, and that's not very manly.  Good movie, though.

I'd make an awesome mom, and that's not very manly for obvious reasons. [my wife would be lost without me]

I really wish my wife would go to work and make enough to support me being a stay-at-home dad, which is equally un-manly. [we probably could do it, but my wife is a bit $$$ obsessed]
Quote from: QB Eagles on January 24, 2007, 11:11:32 PM
In addition to my usual manly music, I listen to an immense amount and wide variety of decidedly unmanly fare, girly stuff like Tori Amos and Kate Bush

Never liked strip clubs. [the first five minutes is an exercise in frustration, after that I just go numb - I know I'm not getting any]
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 25, 2007, 08:22:09 AM
I spend $15 on shaving cream rather than buying a can of Barbasol for $3 because the Clinique Body Shop shaving cream makes my face smoother.

I [should] also do the laundry.  My wife sucks at it.  She never gets the clothes right and she folds them like a farging crackhead. [She can't even hang shtein up right]

Here's one that should go in "that other" thread as well: I'm in the market for a minivan.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

At least be a man and acquire one quickly at a good price.

Your testes shrink every day you're "in the market" for a minivan.

Philly_Crew

[...the only clothes i machine dry are underwear and socks

How does this work?  My wife is famous for throwing the laundry in the washer or dryer and leave it sitting for a day.  Clothes are beyond wrinkled.  Do you go to a stream or just plug the sink and hand wash?  Dry clean everything?

Anyway, here is my shameful list:

1.  My wife drives the minivan but I like to drive it.  That's right.  No excuse such as better gas mileage than a SUV or the seats fold so I can haul more stuff.  I like the drive and the convenience.

2.  Twice so far in my five year marriage, I have vacuumed while carrying a baby in a baby bjorn.  I probably felt most like a women at that point.

3.  I do the ironing in the family.  I learned in the military and the sucks at it and hates it.  I hate wrinkled shirts and I laugh at her when she does the shower-steam-removes-the-wrinkles act.

4. I cannot fix, build or repair any appliance, vehicle or household item.  My wife refinished our kitchen table and I have hired a contractor to install a shower door.

5. THE BIGGIE:  I don't have cable, satellite or the NFL package.  I have four T.V. stations and go to the gym to catch ESPN and the sports bar to watch non-televised Eagles games.  I am like Rain Man when I go to hotel that has cable. 

Tomahawk

Quote from: Philly_Crew on January 25, 2007, 10:29:59 AM
[...the only clothes i machine dry are underwear and socks

How does this work?  My wife is famous for throwing the laundry in the washer or dryer and leave it sitting for a day.  Clothes are beyond wrinkled.  Do you go to a stream or just plug the sink and hand wash?  Dry clean everything?

Because of my above average height in conjunction with my relative slimness, I buy XL shirts, but XL-Tall don't fit right. The problem with XL is the sleeves are barely long enough. Drying them causes enough shrinkage to make them uncomfortable. So all my long sleeve sweaters/sweatshirts are hung in the closet straight out of the washer. The weight of the water prevents wrinkling.

For dress shirts; however, you want to dry them until they're just a little damp then hang them.

ice grillin you

i hang them up on hangers....the only ones that really get wrinkled are jeans...but the wrinkles come out when you wear them

should also be noted that i dont wear dress clothes...so im basically talking about sweatshirts t-shirts jeans and polos
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous