2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

He's looking at six years in prison, plus a loss of millions if convicted. It doesn't look good. There seems to be a lot of concrete evidence against him, with one key witness willing to testify. This ain't like the bullshtein charges brought up against all the dook lacrosse players.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Incidentally, I'm thinking about the Chargers through all this Vick shtein.  The whole football world had Vick and Manning annointed and the Chargers thought otherwise.  That organization smacked two grand slam home runs in a row dumping them.  The discovery of their TE didn't hurt matters, but most of their current success can be directly attributed to those two drafts. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

And of the two QBs they did take, they both turned out to be pretty good so far.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

Oh, totally...by NOT taking those two-- the Chargers tabbed Tomlinson, Brees, Rivers, Merriman, Kaeding and more.  And they don't have Vick/Eli.  Can't hate that.

General_Failure

SunMo

manning chose against SD.  stupidly, obviously, but it wasn't SD's choice
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

If other FO's get the blame for the players they keep being stupid, I think the Chargers can get a gold star for trading off a stupid one.

PhillyandBCEagles

Anyone have a gif or Youtube link of BDawk's hit on Vick in the playoffs a few years back??

SunMo

per ESPNews Goddell has ordered Vick not to report to camp

Rome

Goodell should let sleeping dogs lie.

Diomedes

Goodell should have Vick raped, strangled, and electrocuted at midfield during halftime of the season opener.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 23, 2007, 08:35:19 PM
Goodell should let sleeping dogs lie.
:-D farged up but   :-D :-D :-D
I have to say Goodell is taking the trash out left and right
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on July 23, 2007, 08:43:06 PM
Goodell should have Vick raped, strangled, and electrocuted at midfield during halftime of the season opener.

Yeah, or that.

SunMo

on one hand, it's nice to see Goodell laying the smackdown left and right...but on the other hand, how about a little due process in these cases