2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Sports in Brief | Fox Sports' Maas is arrested

Former NFL player and Fox Sports broadcaster Bill Maas, who attended Marple Newtown High and the University of Pittsburgh, was charged with drug possession and weapons violations after a roadside safety check in Peoria, Ill.
Maas, 45, and a passenger in his Hummer, Sarah J. Murphy, 27, were arrested late Friday by Illinois State Police. During the stop, police indicated that Maas seemed nervous, and he agreed to a search of his vehicle.

Police found a .22-caliber revolver, 5 grams of suspected marijuana, 6 grams of suspected cocaine and 28 pills of Ecstasy. Maas and Murphy were charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. Maas also was booked on a charge of unlawful use of a weapon. He could not be reached for comment.

A trooper said he had no idea why Maas and Murphy, both residents of Lee's Summit, Mo., were in the area.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2929435

That's farging awesome...no more having to listen to that fargtard.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 08, 2007, 09:03:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2929435

That's farging awesome...no more having to listen to that fargtard.

There's nothing in there that says he's been fired.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Fox basically cut him loose last year, PFT was campaigning for his release, and i think anyone who had to be subjected to his broadcasts would do the same.   
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Magical_Retard

but he had the awesome "thats a violent stiff arm" line when he called the eagles-san fran game.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

ice grillin you

theres a long line of fat white guys who speak and sound just like bill maas who are waiting to take his place...i think they are genetically produced in a utica ny factory

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 09, 2007, 04:00:31 PM
theres a long line of fat white guys who speak and sound just like bill maas who are waiting to take his place...i think they are genetically produced in a utica ny factory

Hmmm... I did some announcing in college.  I think maybe a total of 10 people heard me, but maybe I can find a tape to send to Fox...  :paranoid

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

oliver to the chargers for a 4th

gaither to the ravens for a 5th

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2007, 02:06:15 PM

gaither to the ravens for a 5th

Guaranteeing that he'll be a stud. It's almost unfair how good they are at getting players and developing them into contributors.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

jo's replacement for a 5th round pick...the guy is gonna be a stud

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2007, 03:30:35 PM
jo's replacement for a 5th round pick...the guy is gonna be a stud
IGY is right, he's got top 5 talent, and going into that Team/System he's going to be really good.  Steal for the ravens
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Beermonkey

The Colts have taken Corey Simon off the PUP list, possibly as a precursor to his release.

Colts activate Simon, but reason uncertain

QuoteDefensive tackle Corey Simon was activated from the physically unable to perform list by the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday. No one was more surprised than Simon.

"This is the first I've heard of it," Simon said when reached by phone. "It's news to me."
What the Colts intend was unclear. Simon refused to discuss the possibilities and club president Bill Polian, the team's spokesman on player issues, did not immediately respond to an interview request.
The activation could be a procedural step in the process of terminating the seven-year veteran's contract. In two years since signing with the Colts, Simon has been paid more than $14 million in bonuses and salary but played only 13 regular-season games.

Calls to Simon's agent, Roosevelt Barnes, were not returned.