2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

are they really comparable tho?

finneran played what
six or seven years with the atl before getting hurt

bentley was in for six training camp plays and got hurt
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Nah... remember Finneran blew off a FA offer from the Eagles the same offseason that Bentley screwed them.  Then they both got hurt at about the same time... maybe a week apart.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

no i dont recall that....or i blacked it out from my memory...wtf would they sign finneran
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2007, 08:36:36 AM
no i dont recall that....or i blacked it out from my memory...wtf would they sign finneran
Another great white hope

Seriously though, thats some bad mojo.  They both blew off the eagles, signed with other teams and now may not play again
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

QuoteKitna boldly predicts that Lions will be winners in 2007

ESPN.com news services

Updated: June 24, 2007, 10:39 AM ET

The Detroit Lions haven't had a winning record since 2000 and haven't won 10 games since 1995. That's all going to change in 2007, according to quarterback Jon Kitna.

Appearing on WDFN-AM in Detroit on Thursday, Kitna predicted that the Lions will win more than 10 games this season. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006.

In March, Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games in 2007, but after seeing the team's schedule he adjusted his prediction -- higher.

"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games," Kitna said.

Part of the reason for Kitna's optimism is Calvin Johnson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said. "He's everything that they said he was and more."

:-D

Munson

I feel bad for the Lions. I'd really like them to have at least a .500 season this year, just out of pity.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Feva

I'd just love for them to beat Dallas again this year.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

I hope Calvin Johnson is a bust so I can laugh at how many 1st round picks they've wasted on WRs.

Rome

Feva

Damn... 40 mph in a 25?  DUI "Impaired to the Slightest Degree"?

Sounds like a cop is trying to get promoted.

PhillyPhanInDC

The Bears are going to need a replacement.....hopefully when Darwin doesn't work out a deal in Buffalo and comes back, then the Birds could get a pick from them.

DT Walker prepared for free agency after talks with Bills hit impasse

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer
June 20, 2007

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- From Philadelphia to Buffalo and potentially back again: Defensive tackle Darwin Walker is prepared for anything -- even becoming a free agent in August -- after contract talks with the Bills reached an impasse Wednesday.

"Whether we're done talking, I don't want to go that far," Walker's agent, Albert Irby, told The Associated Press after talks broke down. "I've got to hope they change their mind, because I can tell you we're not changing ours."

And that could mean Walker's tenure with the Bills might be a short one in what is quickly becoming one of the team's most convoluted and unusual acquisitions.

A seven-year veteran, Walker was acquired by the Bills in March as part of a trade that sent Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes to Philadelphia.

Walker has two years left on his contract, but has yet to report to the Bills after stipulating Buffalo negotiate a new deal.

The Bills, however, included a clause in the trade in which they would receive a sixth-round draft pick and return Walker to Philadelphia if the player didn't report by Aug. 5.

Barring a breakthrough, Irby believes the Bills will have no choice but to send Walker back to the Eagles, at which point he expects Philadelphia to release his client.

The Bills were not immediately available for comment. The Eagles, meanwhile, have yet to discuss their intentions should they reacquire Walker.

Bills general manager Marv Levy said earlier this month that the team was prepared to move on without Walker.

Talks broke down after Irby said he rejected the Bills' latest offer of a one-year, $1.3 million deal. That's what Walker was scheduled to be paid this season under his current contract, which was to also pay him $1.4 million in 2008.

Irby said he's open to a one-year deal, but not for that kind of money.

"It doesn't make any sense," he said. "At $1.3 million, Darwin would be the lowest-paid five-year starter in the league."

Walker has 26 1/2 sacks over the past five years, making him the fourth-most productive defensive tackle during that span. He's also an agile and penetrating tackle who would fit the Bills' defensive scheme.

Irby said he's confident Walker will receive better offers in free agency even in August, when most teams are a week or two into training camp and their rosters relatively set.

Walker faced being fined by Buffalo for missing the team's three mandatory minicamps earlier this month.

"It's left me disappointed," Irby said, noting most teams have restructured contracts when acquiring players in the past. "They, for some shocking reason to me, knew this and made the trade and then didn't want to do the deal."

Irby held out hope that the Bills might increase their offer by July 25, when players report for the start of training camp.

"This could be a strategy of theirs because nothing is going on between now and then," Irby said. "Before I say, 'Not optimistic,' I've seen these kind of deals before where at the 11th hour something gets done. So the door's cracked open."
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Bears are wishing they re-signed Ian Scott right about now.

Rome

Marv Levy clearly has a touch of the Alzheimer's.

You look at what they've done this offseason and none of it makes any sense.