Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

shorebird

Damn, it took longer to wake him up then it did for him to get knocked out!

Diomedes

I just sent that to my Chief fan friend.  Ha
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

Whispers from PFW...

QuoteTwo Niners free-agent newcomers who we're told didn't exactly set the world on fire in the team's first minicamp were S Michael Lewis, who did not look good at all in coverage, and OLB Tully Banta-Cain, who reportedly tipped the scales in the 290-pound range. On the other side of the coin, we hear the Niners were very impressed with the movement skills of fourth-round LB-DE Jay Moore.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhanInDC

PFT.com
MEACHEM NEEDS KNEE SURGERY

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that receiver Robert Meachem, the Saints' first-round selection in the 2007 draft, will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday, and will thereafter be out of action for four weeks.

It's a cartilage problem in Meachem's right knee; he had similar issues at Tennessee, but nothing that caused him to miss extensive action.  Still, it's not a good sign for the former Volunteer, since each human knee has a finite amount of cartilage, and it doesn't grow back.  Once it's gone, the player will be dealing with bone-on-bone contact.  The choices?  Play in excruciating pain, retire, or undergo microfracture surgery, a relatively new procedure that has had mixed results.

It's not a good sign for a team that used a first-round pick on a position at which, in 2006, they got the steal of the draft when nabbing Marques Colston in round seven.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

paco

Vick's home burglarized

Vick's home burglarized, but dogfighting probe OK

There have been no charges filed in the case of alleged dogfighting at Michael Vick's home in Virginia, but that doesn't mean that the home has quieted down.

According to a police report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the home in Surry, Va., was broken into between May 7 and May 18 and a number of expensive items were removed.

"I don't think it has anything to do with possible evidence," Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said of the dogfighting investigation. "I think it was some feuding over the spoils."

Three plasma televisions, two floor buffers, a wet/dry vacuum, a washer and dryer and a $17,000 leather sofa were taken from the Atlanta quarterback's home.

"Someone had attempted to break in the front window," the police report said. "The alarm was not working."

Whoever perpetrated the crime appeared to have entered through a rear window.

Poindexter indicated that the investigation of dogfighting at the property was not compromised. But he is still not close to filing charges.

"I don't have, to date, one investigative report," Poindexter told the newspaper. "I have nothing on my desk. I'm in touch with people who can assure me they can provide me the stuff. That's where we are."

20 bucks says it was his cousins that lived there.  Or, at least, Vick will blame them.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

The BIGSTUD

Dolphins | Green acquired
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:26:32 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have acquired QB Trent Green from the Kansas City Chiefs for a fifth-round draft pick that can become a fourth-round draft pick depending on Green's playing time with the Dolphins. The deal is contingent on Green passing a physical.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

Dumb question that just popped in my head for some reason and I'm not about to look it up so I figure I'd throw it out there for you fellas:

Let's just use CB vs WR in this situation.

We know that a "pass defensed" is when the CB breaks up a play by knocking the ball away from the WR or (I think) separating the WR from the ball before possession is established.

Does an interception count as a pass defensed also on the stat sheet?  Or does the fact that the CB caught the ball negate that he "defensed" the pass?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure you can have an INT on the statsheet yet still have 0 PDs. 

ice grillin you

yahoo does not give you points for both...im assuming the nfl official scoring is done the same way but i dont know
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

I think an interception also shows up as a pass defensed. 

phattymatty

i always thought PD in a box score meant "pass deflected" and not pass defensed, therefore meaning an INT would not be one because you actually caught it.  but i'm probably wrong.