2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

and Vick, they have a strong locker room that can handle him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Vick pleaded not guilty.  Trial date set for Nov. 26th.  That would figure to pretty much make 2007 a wash for him if it wasn't already.

link
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Good thing for them they still have Schaub Joey H waiting in the wings...

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Stand By Me

QuoteBUCS BOUNCE RICE

In a move that is not a shocker but is still nevertheless surprising, the Bucaneers have cut defensive end Simeon Rice, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

Rice was due to earn a base salary of $7.25 million in 2007, the final year of his contract.  Per Glazer, the Bucs asked Rice to take a pay cut, and Rice refused.

Glazer reports that Rice had checked into camp, and was plucked from dinner for a meeting at which he was informed of the decision.

The move creates $7.25 million in cap space for the Bucs, which could be used to sign quarterback Daunte Culpepper, with whom the team met last week.  Culpepper reportedly is seeking a one-year deal, which shouldn't be a problem for Gruden, who realizes that this one year could be his last year in Tampa.

Look for Rice to be courted by the Detroit Lions, who are coached by former Bucs defensive line coach Rod Marinelli.  Other possibilities (as we see it) are the Bears, Steelers, and Vikings.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 26, 2007, 06:54:48 PM
Stand By Me

QuoteBUCS BOUNCE RICE

In a move that is not a shocker but is still nevertheless surprising, the Bucaneers have cut defensive end Simeon Rice, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

Rice was due to earn a base salary of $7.25 million in 2007, the final year of his contract.  Per Glazer, the Bucs asked Rice to take a pay cut, and Rice refused.

Glazer reports that Rice had checked into camp, and was plucked from dinner for a meeting at which he was informed of the decision.

The move creates $7.25 million in cap space for the Bucs, which could be used to sign quarterback Daunte Culpepper, with whom the team met last week.  Culpepper reportedly is seeking a one-year deal, which shouldn't be a problem for Gruden, who realizes that this one year could be his last year in Tampa.

Look for Rice to be courted by the Detroit Lions, who are coached by former Bucs defensive line coach Rod Marinelli.  Other possibilities (as we see it) are the Bears, Steelers, and Vikings.
Cut Howard, get Rice, or keep Howard and make him take a pay cut and get Rice
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Dan Snyder's on the phone with his agent

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on July 26, 2007, 07:14:09 PM
Or just get Rice.

Andy sat him a couple of years ago in the Pro Bowl for goofing off

Diomedes

Which reminds me:  Andy Reid is a farging class A icehole.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 26, 2007, 07:26:11 PM

Almost guaranteed. They need DL like MDS needs a piece of ass.

I haven't been to ES in months, but I bet they're begging for him over there. Bubba and Art might be willing to cream-pie Gibbs in return.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 26, 2007, 07:45:46 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 26, 2007, 07:26:11 PM

Almost guaranteed. They need DL like MDS needs a piece of ass.

I haven't been to ES in months, but I bet they're begging for him over there. Bubba and Art might be willing to cream-pie Gibbs in return.

I am going to light your trailer on fire tonight, Hentz.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah the skins had like 4 sacks last year...no way they dont sign him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous