2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

due process is for the state...the NFL is a private organization.

farg Vick
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Federal is much different than State is my guess Mo, but i agree with you.  This is obviously a highly charged case that has a superstar player, dogs getting killed/tortured for financial gain.  That only real issue the feds have is the financial aspect, the dog's treatment is what motivates the public. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

i'm just speaking in general with Goodell, he seems to make these decisions by the seat of his pants.  suspensions are different lengths, and now all of the sudden he's banning a player from camp?  has that been done before?

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

and by state I mean Government, not Georgia
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

SunMo

basically i'm saying that Goodell is Hitler, and we are entering the golden age of NFL football.

Diomedes

Father Demon

Suspended with full pay.  Not a real, full-on punishment if you ask me.  Goodell half-assed it.  My guess is that since this appears to be a new action in the NFL, withholding pay would stir up the NFLPA hornet's nest a little too much.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

Athletes aren't angels and never have been, but the idolization of this generation of thug athletes makes me sick. We grew up worshiping athletes and having role models to enjoy watching. Now we have walking, talking advertisements for ignorance and greed. Throw them all out of the league. Every league.

Imagine Allen Iverson doing a 'Stay in School' public service announcement... athleticism shouldn't give you carte blanche to act like a douchebag for the rest of your life.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

So he's indicted for several federal crimes yet his employer sees fit to reward him with what amounts to a paid vacation?

Sounds like he works for the Bush Administration.

General_Failure

I see it more as a method to keep a simmer on the frothing, bite-hungry reporters showing up to Falcons camp than a punishment for Vick. Not that it would be a great help, but still.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Cerevant

He's getting paid because of "due process" - Goodell doesn't want him making a circus of an NFL camp.  If Vick is convicted, you can be sure the $$ will be going away, perhaps even retroactively.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Feva

Blank is supposed to be having a 4pm PC at Flowery Branch.

I'm sure he'll say a whole lot of nothing.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

i hope he wears a home depot apron and a spiked dog collar

Magical_Retard

i dont think this is the full extent of the punishment...this is just to avoid the circus at camp this week.

i think it is smart...because as bleak of a chance there is that he is somehow innocent of the charges...IF he is found innocent everyone would go nuts like the DUKE case. this is goodells way of saying sit out for now and we will decide your fate further based on the results of the trial. and im pretty sure that when he is found guilty, the falcons and the nfl will take swift action.

btw i wish those PETA idiot and other protestors would STFU. i dont wanna see thier creative "NFL SACK VICK NOW" signs on tv anymore. dumbasses act like the NFL will not take any action or that they should just take immediate action. its more complicated than that and if anything goodell has shown he isnt soft or unwilling to punish players.

next time they protest in front of the NFL offices...goodell should release the hounds on them.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!