2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Giants FB Jim Finn out for the year with a shoulder injury. Don't feel like fishing for the link, but you can take my word for it ;).

Diomedes

The Giants were dicking him around before this.  Tough luck for a player I really like.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

When is it going to be our turn to celebrate one of these?   :boom

Zanshin

Why would we ever celebrate the Colts logo on a ring?  Think, man....

Rome

Zanshin

Well, that would officially be my worst-ever grade.  Parents won't be posting that one on the fridge. 

Seabiscuit36

QuoteJAGS JETTISON DARIUS

The Jacksonville Jaguars have released veteran safety Donovin Darius, according to the team's official web site.

The Syracuse product was the team's first-round draft choice (25th overall) in 1998, and he has spent his entire career with the Jaguars.  The latter years of his tenure were marred by contract squabbles and franchise tags and, at one point, a media campaign by Darius to get the Vikings or the Dolphins to trade for him.

Darius had been under contract through 2008, at base salaries of $3.5 million and $4 million, respectively, over the next two seasons.  The extra cap money could come in handy, if/when the Jags try to add quarterback Daunte Culpepper to the team.

Darius had not participated in offseason workouts while he was rehabilitating a broken leg suffered during the 2006 season.

Recently, Darius was appointed to a committee of veteran players who have been consulting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.  Darius likely will continue in that role -- if he can find a landing spot.
Get Darius  :yay

Also Culpepper was in an accident and hurt his hand  :-D  I'd love to see that farg up the Dolphins from getting any value
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mcnabbmvp

Quote from: Zanshin on June 14, 2007, 08:25:54 AM
Why would we ever celebrate the Colts logo on a ring?  Think, man....

I was thinking the same thing.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Hahaha, what the farg is wrong with these guys? farging hell...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pacman Jones = Lawrence Phillips

I can't wait until he's off suspension and there are fans on the EMB that want the Eagles to sign him.

Diomedes

unreal?  more like utterly predictable and boring.  he's a worthless thug. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Didn't he tell Godell he wasn't going to frequent Strip Clubs anymore  :-D  This guy definitely reminds me of Phillips, the fact that he cant remove himself from getting in these situations tells you everything you need to know about where his career is going.  Again its allegedly but  :-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Father Demon

Think how good these kids could be if they weren't iceholes?  Pacman, Phillips..  they make it to be a 1st round draft pick even with all these distractions of being a thug.  That's natural talent -- imagine if they had focus and a real desire to be the best instead of shooting pimps and and slapping hos?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Quasimoto

Club Blaze. 

Sounds like my kind of joint.