Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Russ Grimm left Pittsburgh and joined Whisenhunt in Arizona....same position

Arizona also hired former 49ers DC Billy Davis as their new LB coach

PoopyfaceMcGee

EJ72

Quote from: Mad-Lad on January 23, 2007, 05:43:40 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 23, 2007, 12:53:22 AM
USC's offensive coordinator (Monte Kiffin's son) was named head coach of the Raiders. Per ESPN.

i just listened to about 45 seconds of his press conference.  Dude sounds like he's trying to give a book report on something he bought the cliff notes to and is hoping to squeeze by with his supposed confidence.  Completely uncomfortable with plenty of fluctuation in stressing things throughought his sentences.  Good luck Raiders fans.

I watched a good part of it online out of curiousity until I couldn't take it anymore. He sounded like an ass. Talked about how he's getting tickets for his wife and two small children in the black hole, how the team would play "happy", play hard, and they would play well because the practices would be so hard gameday would be easy. Something like that. Tried like hell to make himself sound like an authority figure/validate himself. Didn't work to me. You never can tell, but I think he's just a lamb being led to slaughter.

I saw this picture at a Raider forum. It's a real picture, and was taken right after a reporter asked Kiffen how it felt to be in the black hole for coaches, something like that. Very appropriate for a "coaching deathwatch" thread.
:o :poison :-D

Dio, the 3-4 comment he made was back awhile but since the initial interest indicated Phillips, there's no reason to believe he's changed his thinking and yes, it's backasswards. Plenty of Dallas fans are waiting for the day when he hands control over to his sons.

I think some of the assistants were interviewed as a "courtesy". Indicators seem to point to Garrett, Phillips or Turner. Garrett evidently came into interview as the OC, but blew them away with his views on offense and defense. I'm not sold on Turner, but I was pretty sure neither Washington or Oakland would work out for him. Phillips? If he didn't know the 3-4, you probably wouldn't hear his name. Wait and see I guess.

MURP

AL Davis needs to be in a horror flick. 

SD_Eagle5

Quasimoto

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

EJ72

Quote from: MURP on January 25, 2007, 06:00:21 PM
AL Davis needs to be in a horror flick. 

He's starring in one that's still in production. It's called "The Oakland Raiders:2003-2006". No release date as it's ongoing and the title isn't final, but I hear it ends with him asphyxiating some young coach with a silver and black foam axe and being committed to an asylum.

PhillyPhreak54

hunt

mort says ron rivera could become the d coordinator in dallas, with norv taking the head coaching job...mort said it gives rivera a bigger spotlight to eventually get a head coaching job.

fire jj...hire rivera.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: hunt on February 05, 2007, 08:45:47 AM
mort says ron rivera could become the d coordinator in dallas, with norv taking the head coaching job...mort said it gives rivera a bigger spotlight to eventually get a head coaching job.

fire jj...hire rivera.

Rivera wouldn't leave the Bears to come here and be the DC, with no hope of being the HC.

Fire JJ, hire Rivera, force Andy to take a year off, let Rivera act as head coach.  Marty can run the offense, and Heckert can run the personnel.  Rivera can bring in whomever he wants to help him with the defense.

Not going to happen either, but it's more plausible than Rivera agreeing to leave a great defense to coach one that's falling apart a bit.

SunMo

and plus, Dallas has the personnel for the 3-4 and that's not what Rivera coaches.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Cerevant

Quote from: hunt on February 05, 2007, 08:45:47 AM

fire jj...hire rivera.

Fire Andy, Hire Rivera.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.