The Coaching Deathwatch Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2006, 08:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

methdeez

Wow. What an icehole. I want to give you the keys to my $200 million per year business, and you won't even come and talk to me about it?

Cerevant

No, I think it is more of a case of "No, Al, I won't be your farging token minority interview"
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Cerevant on January 17, 2007, 12:13:26 PM
No, I think it is more of a case of "No, Al, I won't be your farging token minority interview"

*ding ding*

Diomedes

Quote from: Cerevant on January 17, 2007, 12:13:26 PM

yeah, that's pretty obviously what's going on.  good for Green.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Does Denny Green even deserve an interview? 

His last four teams have gone 5-11, 6-10, 5-11 & 5-11.  For someone who hasn't had success during the past four seasons as a head coach, he's being pretty fricken arrogant about his "record."

Quasimoto

To be fair he was coaching the Cardinals.  Not even God himself could turn that franchise around.  He probably wouldn't want to either.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 17, 2007, 01:48:13 PM

His last four teams have gone 5-11, 6-10, 5-11 & 5-11.  For someone who hasn't had success during the past four seasons as a head coach, he's being pretty fricken arrogant about his "record."

That's probably his point.  He knew his skin color and not his coaching skill was the reason Davis requested the interview.

methdeez

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 17, 2007, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 17, 2007, 01:48:13 PM

That's probably his point.  He knew his skin color and not his coaching skill was the reason Davis requested the interview.
Didn't even think of that. Who wouldn't want a free, all expenses paid  trip to Oakland?

Rome

I suppose so.  His comments could be taken one of two ways:

1. An interview is beneath me, so farg off.

2. I know I'm not a serious candidate so don't waste my time.

Either way, him refusing an interview seems a bit presumptuous.  He could have gone in there, blown the old fossil's doors off, and gotten the gig.  That is, if he even wanted it to begin with. 

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 17, 2007, 02:10:00 PM
That is, if he even wanted it to begin with. 

He just got done working for one worthless franchise. I don't think he wants to go work for Crazy Old Al right after that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

QB Eagles

First Denny Green turns down the opportunity to interview with the Raiders. Now Steve Sarkisian turns down the job!

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteSTEELERS PICK TOMLIN

Michael Silver of Sports Illustrated reports that the Pittsburgh Steelers have chosen Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin to be the team's next head coach.

We've been banging the gong for Tomlin throughout the process, and we're glad to see that the Steelers picked him despite the fact that we endorsed him so strongly.

Tomlin beat out Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm and Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.

More to come.

MDS

Rick Kotite just can't get a job.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.